Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Hopefully someone has an answer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/hopefully-someone-has-answer-t175686.html)

quiltymom 01-15-2012 05:31 AM

Hopefully someone has an answer

I'm trying to help my aunt with this question. She was in a store at Christmas an saw the beautiful NEW ribbon. She said it was used from making balloons to decorating wreaths tress mantels to tiny fill ins. Said she saw it in gold and silver and it was 10.00.She doesn't know what its called or where she saw it.(she thinks Michaels). Can you help us locate it and what it is called???????? MANY MANY THANKS!!!!!

SueDor 01-15-2012 07:08 AM

Did you search on the Michaels website? Maybe that can help you, or maybe call them.

garysgal 01-15-2012 07:11 AM

was it flat like regular ribbon? There was a "ribbon" years ago that had chenelle bumps every few inches or so on it and you could use it to do the things you mentioned. Could this be what she is talking about?

quiltymom 01-15-2012 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by garysgal (Post 4876364)
was it flat like regular ribbon? There was a "ribbon" years ago that had chenelle bumps every few inches or so on it and you could use it to do the things you mentioned. Could this be what she is talking about?

No sorry it wasn't like that but thanks!!!

quiltymom 01-15-2012 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by SueDor (Post 4876355)
Did you search on the Michaels website? Maybe that can help you, or maybe call them.

I called mine here in Mich. but they were not really updated !!!

BellaBoo 01-15-2012 09:13 AM

The ribbon itself will make a balloon?

Prism99 01-15-2012 11:15 AM

It's not new, but I wonder if what she saw was wire-edged ribbon. This comes in many widths and colors, including silver and gold. There is a very fine wire, usually at both edges of the ribbon, that allow you to manipulate it and it will keep its form. If you Google "wire ribbon" and then click on "images", you will find lots of examples of different ways it can be used.

Tartan 01-15-2012 11:26 AM

Is she thinking of that new product that is out that is like burlap but in pretty colours? You make it into puffy shapes to add to outside Christmas arrangements and evergreen swags. I have no idea what the name of it is but I saw it in Walmart in rolls this Christmas.

quiltymom 01-15-2012 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 4877087)
Is she thinking of that new product that is out that is like burlap but in pretty colours? You make it into puffy shapes to add to outside Christmas arrangements and evergreen swags. I have no idea what the name of it is but I saw it in Walmart in rolls this Christmas.

Sounds just like what she was trying to discribe to me !!!!!!! I'll try our walmart ours is so small not sure they'll have it though!!! Thankyou so much now if I can find out whats its called!!!!!

jaciqltznok 01-15-2012 02:15 PM

hobby lobby had it at Christmas as well!