Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Metro Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/metro-thread-t178090.html)

natalieg 02-03-2012 09:40 PM

Metro Thread

Does anyone use Metro Embroidery Thread? If so, do you like it? I thought it was working great, bought a hundred spools only to find out my machien doesn't like it. Not sure if it is my machine or the thread, but one of them is being picky!

sewnsewer2 02-03-2012 09:54 PM

Sometimes it is the dye in the threads. I have trouble with breakage on some colors, while others stitch fine.

shawnan 02-03-2012 10:12 PM

I don't use it, but I have friends that have the same make of machine that I do and they have been very happy with the Metro thread. I've considered getting some, but haven't yet. Actually machines vary even within the same manufacturer as far as threads. Have you made some minor adjustments, like maybe a different needle?

Nancy

natalieg 02-03-2012 10:22 PM

I have tried different things. My problem seems to be with the medium and small alphabets. I don't think I noticed a big difference with the pictures so much, but I am considering changing to Isacord. It seems to work better with the small and medium alphabets.
I seem to do fine, then it messes up. I try to check out everything, rethread top and bottom thread and all that, check for lint. Embroider and it may work fine, may not. Can leave it for a day or so, come back and it might work fine. I only seem to have the problem on the two alphas. Took it to the repairman, he has looked at it, adjusted the tension and it works fine...for a short time. ugh.....
and I now have 100 spools of metro....

dunster 02-04-2012 04:08 PM

I use it in my longarm. Love it!

CanoePam 02-04-2012 06:15 PM

I have some for my embroidery machine. It is thinner than the more expensive threads like Isacord or Robinson-Anton. I think it is only 2 ply, not 3 ply. It worked ok in my single needle, but I don't like the coverage. My multi-needle machine only likes it if I run at a slow speed, 600-700 spm instead of my normal 850-900. It's very inexpensive, but I think you get what you pay for.

Pam

sewbeadit 02-04-2012 06:37 PM

I have never heard of that brand Metro before.

Xtgirl 02-04-2012 06:41 PM

I bought the whole line for my Babylock...I like the look, price and haven't had any issues with it.i also like Marathon.

davis2se 02-05-2012 04:47 AM

I bought a huge amount of it on sale - initially thought that I had made a terrible mistake (use it in my Janome MC11000) as the thread would shred when I was loading my needle. Figured out somehow that if I don't use the tthread cutter until after the needle is threaded it stopped that issue. Also, it seems to tangle if I have the thread on the machine thread spool. I now use one of the table top thread holders and the tangle issue is no longer a problem.

Emb4fun 11-25-2012 05:31 PM

Does anyone know if or how you can convert your colors from metro to closest color of a different company. I want to be able to put all the colors that I have from metro and see what the closest match is. Does anyone have any information on this?