Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Best Printer for Printing Photos on Fabric?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/best-printer-printing-photos-fabric-t179035.html)

quiltsillysandi 02-11-2012 03:12 PM

Best Printer for Printing Photos on Fabric??

I am going to be making my son a photo quilt utilizing his motocross pics.....Any suggestions on good printers for printing pics on fabric would be greatly appreciated as well as tips on getting the best results....Thanks!
Sandi

LadyElisabeth 02-11-2012 03:37 PM

I have an Epson which uses "durabrite" ink. I then print onto "Printed Treasurers" fabric sheets. they are washable without having to be treated in any way. I have had 3 Epson printers in the past 25 plus years and have done literaly thousands of photos. I created items for wearing to the Oregon Symphony for 4 seasons.
I have HP printers but do NOT use them for the fabric photos.
As long as the Epson printed says "durabrite" ON THE printer itself, the fabric will be waterproof and I have not had any fade when washed

Helen6869 02-11-2012 05:59 PM

Why do you not use your HP printers for pictures? That's what I have. thanks!

QuiltE 02-11-2012 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by LadyElisabeth (Post 4965861)
I have an Epson which uses "durabrite" ink. I then print onto "Printed Treasurers" fabric sheets. they are washable without having to be treated in any way. I have had 3 Epson printers in the past 25 plus years and have done literaly thousands of photos. I created items for wearing to the Oregon Symphony for 4 seasons.
I have HP printers but do NOT use them for the fabric photos.
As long as the Epson printed says "durabrite" ON THE printer itself, the fabric will be waterproof and I have not had any fade when washed

What's so special about the Epson Durabrite ink ... vs. other printers and their inks?

romanojg 02-12-2012 04:53 AM

I have HP and I love HP printers and they have great ink. I've never been disappointed with the outcome. Some of their printers are made more for photos and those even have "speciailty ink" for photo printing or you can get the regular ink for everyday printing and save some money. I won't own any other printer.

omaluvs2quilt 02-12-2012 09:06 AM

I have an HP Photosmart and as long as you use true HP ink and not refills, it works great on the printable fabrics. Haven't played with the bubble jet or anything yet, so don't know about that.

jmabby 02-12-2012 09:15 AM

Good info ladies, thanks for sharing

franc36 02-12-2012 11:55 AM

I received an HP Photosmart printer for Christmas. I think my fabric said that printers not made for photos did the best. I did not want to hook up my old printer so I used the HP Photosmart. I couldn't tell the difference. My quilt label with the colored photo printed perfectly. I'll continue to use it for printing on fabric.

quiltsillysandi 02-15-2012 08:16 AM

Sorry for the delay in giving my thanks for your input.....My sister is sick and in the hospital...Anyhow, thanks so much and please know it's very much appreciated.....

snowyquilter 02-15-2012 02:25 PM

I have never tried printing on fabric but have always wanted to. I have a color laser printer (HP.) Is it possible to use a laser printer or does it have to be an inkjet?