Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My first quilt top! Be gentle! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-first-quilt-top-gentle-t180458.html)

debtex 02-23-2012 08:56 PM

My first quilt top! Be gentle!

1 Attachment(s)
Most of this has been practice in sewing 1/4" seams, sewing straight lines, cutting accurately... none of which I did perfectly. But if I wanted a perfect quilt, I'd buy one made in China, right?

This is a baby-sized quilt for my new niece, made with precut scraps I bought on eBay. Her parents love anything vintage, and these fabrics could have come out of our mom's linen closet!

It's a disappearing 9 patch. The fabric on the right is going to be for the backing, and the striped fabric I think for the binding.

I just got a new Brother CS6000i and am super excited to quilt it! Just straight lines, I'm thinking.

BluegrassGurl 02-23-2012 09:02 PM

Congratulations!!!!!! You did a fabulous job!! It is such a cheerful and happy quilt. I am sure they will LOVE it!

ctmhjenn 02-23-2012 09:04 PM

Sweet sweet sweet...love it and your choices for backing and binding are super. Great job and a great first finish. May all your quilts be finishers!

margecam52 02-23-2012 09:06 PM

Oh no way am I gonna be gentle, LOL.... It's really cute! very pretty colors. I think I have this pattern, or one close to it. It's a great beginner pattern & you did a great job on it!

Originally Posted by debtex (Post 5002943)
Most of this has been practice in sewing 1/4" seams, sewing straight lines, cutting accurately... none of which I did perfectly. But if I wanted a perfect quilt, I'd buy one made in China, right?

This is a baby-sized quilt for my new niece, made with precut scraps I bought on eBay. Her parents love anything vintage, and these fabrics could have come out of our mom's linen closet!

It's a disappearing 9 patch. The fabric on the right is going to be for the backing, and the striped fabric I think for the binding.

I just got a new Brother CS6000i and am super excited to quilt it! Just straight lines, I'm thinking.

GrandmaGoldie 02-23-2012 09:08 PM

I've trien to post a reply three times hope this works. You did a great job. Nice and colorful and cheery. Hope you continue quilting!!

cathyvv 02-23-2012 09:12 PM

Great job! We've all been through the 'practicing straight line phase', and I don't think I'll ever get out of it! I think it will be even more wonderful when you are done. A striped binding does add that little something extra, too!

debtex 02-23-2012 09:14 PM

I think one reason picking out these fabrics made me so happy is that the tones, especially all the yellow, reminds me of the quilt my boys used growing up that we called "The Special Quilt." If they were sick, or went somewhere away from home for the weekend, they got to use The Special Quilt. It ended up being completely loved to death.

pastimesquiltdesign 02-23-2012 09:32 PM

Looks great to me. Keep up the good work, you'll be hooked before long. Peggy

Dandish 02-23-2012 09:32 PM

Nice job - it's very happy and cheerful!

Pickles 02-23-2012 10:01 PM

It looks perfect to me , a great job, and love all the colors you used. :)