Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   My Sewing Space: It's finally all come together! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/my-sewing-space-its-finally-all-come-together-t184238.html)

MaryAnnMc 03-28-2012 11:18 AM

My Sewing Space: It's finally all come together!

3 Attachment(s)
This used to be our homeschool room, and before that, the back porch. It's taken me months to get this together, but I love, love, love it! And no, it's not this neat... give it five minutes!!

In the back corner, next to the "wall' is where I do rubber stamping and card making. Next to the sewing machine is a set of shelves with supplies (you're looking at the back). I know it seems odd to have it all float away from the walls, but it works. I can get to anything I need easily. The four inspiration boards above my desk are magnetic whiteboards I bought at Michael's and covered with fabric. Pretty soon you won't be able to see them they'll be so full of stuff.

Now when I sew, I can look out into the garden, and cutting, pressing, and the design wall are all right there.

The cutting table is a freestanding kitchen counter from Ikea, and it holds a ton of stamping and quilting supplies, including all my rulers except the 24".

And here's a good laugh for you: my DH thinks I have a ton of fabric!! ha ha ha ha ha.

Floralfab 03-28-2012 11:34 AM

You have such a beuatiful sewing area. I love the brightness of it with those great windows. Enjoy!

Grandma Mary 03-28-2012 11:34 AM

Looks wonderful. I love the color on your walls, and the white furniture is so neat and clean looking. Having a soft, cushy, easy chair to just relax in and meditate... or dream, is the icing on your cake. Beautiful job. Enjoy!

wolph33 03-28-2012 12:38 PM

amazing room-lots of light-everything is so neat and organized

Crqltr 03-28-2012 12:43 PM

Great room! My sewing room is the family room in the basement I took over. Lots of space extra lighting but there is a lot tobe said about windows and natural light!

Mariposa 03-28-2012 12:45 PM

Pretty sewing room! :)

MaryMo 03-28-2012 12:53 PM

love your sewing room ... especially the easy chair. beautiful color and lots of lighting. If your DH could only see my fabric ... but on the other hand, few people get to see my collection! :) I envy you and your room. Have fun doing some great sewing.

craftybear 03-28-2012 01:03 PM

Wow, I love your sewing room, have fun being creative

margee 03-28-2012 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Grandma Mary (Post 5097426)
Looks wonderful. I love the color on your walls, and the white furniture is so neat and clean looking. Having a soft, cushy, easy chair to just relax in and meditate... or dream, is the icing on your cake. Beautiful job. Enjoy!

The same for me. A cozy, comfortable, enjoyable sewing room.

May in Jersey 03-28-2012 01:25 PM

What a dream sewing room! Enjoy it. May in Jersey