Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Super easy cake using only two ingredients (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/super-easy-cake-using-only-two-ingredients-t199915.html)

Roberta 09-08-2012 10:19 AM

Super easy cake using only two ingredients

A friend sent this to me and it's in the oven right now and smells amazing.

l box Angel food cake
1 can apple pie filling.

Mix both together and put into a greased 9 x 13 cake pan in a 350 degree oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Honestly, that's the entire recipe and so nice to keep both ingredients in the house in case of unexpected guests.

icon17 09-08-2012 11:05 AM

This sounds Wonderful!:)

icon17 09-08-2012 11:11 AM

I wonder if this will work with Other Pie fillings such As Cherry? Think I may Give it a try. If It works, I will Let every One Know! :D PS. Why not even other Cake box's too.
Roberta sorry if I'm walking over your recipe :(

icon17 09-08-2012 01:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by icon17 (Post 5500071)
I wonder if this will work with Other Pie fillings such As Cherry? Think I may Give it a try. If It works, I will Let every One Know! :D PS. Why not even other Cake box's too.
Roberta sorry if I'm walking over your recipe :(

UpDate: Well I gave It a Try! And Heres the Cake I Got! I Did it with Angel cake and Cherry filling. It turned it a pretty pink, and sure did fluff up! Smelled good too. :)[ATTACH=CONFIG]361320[/ATTACH]

lynnie 09-08-2012 01:06 PM

Wow, sounds super yummy, i can smell it now...ill be right over

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 09-08-2012 01:10 PM

I do it with crushed pineapple. I still use an angel food pan, though. It might fluff up too much for 9 x 3. Very light and refreshing.

grammydar 09-08-2012 01:12 PM

Well How does it taste?
do you mix it thoroughly or just until moist?
Did you frost it?
Cant wait to try it, but it will have to wait til tomorrow I think!

QuiltE 09-08-2012 05:34 PM

It's a great recipe .... and can be whipped up ever-so-quick when you need a cake, as you can keep the ingredients in your pantry awaiting the sudden panic attack.

And yes ... as you discovered, any pie filling works.
The cherry is so nice and pink, with the large cherries ... delicious for sure.
Let your imagination run wild!!!!!! :)

When doing apple ... I always add more cinnamon, just because I like it.
Plus I usually cut the apples in the pie filling. Not necessary, just that I like to spread them around throughout the cake more.
And I like them done in the angel cake pans.

If you want Black Forest Cake .... mix 1/3 cup bakers cocoa into the angel cake mix, then mix in the cherry pie filling. A little whipped cream to garnish at serving ...... and OMG!!!!! :)

Just use the temperature and times as noted on your angel cake box ... and be sure to hang it upside down after backing, as you would an angel cake.

ENJOY!!!!!!!

sassy granny 09-08-2012 05:37 PM

I was thinking about the cherry too but suppose the pineapple would be good too. Bring on the ice cream, might as well go all out. Sounds delicious.

sassy granny

SallySaidSew 09-08-2012 06:47 PM

I've used this with blueberry pie filling. I think it was in one of my Weight Watchers weekly handouts back when I went to WW. Yummy recipe!