Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How many Feel sooooo Terrible after a quiltshow that: (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-many-feel-sooooo-terrible-after-quiltshow-t202322.html)

ProLongarmARTQUILTER 10-04-2012 06:07 PM

How many Feel sooooo Terrible after a quiltshow that:

They'd Rather Not even look or think or want to ever Do another Thing much less a Quilted Thing. Ooooooo!!!!! I'd Rather Not!!!:thumbdown:

0tis 10-04-2012 06:09 PM

Actually, I have only been to a couple of small shows and I felt inspired to make a new pattern or one that I had been thinking of - I know I won't be one of those award winning nationally known quilters - but I love it and I want to keep on learning all the time.

DebraK 10-04-2012 06:14 PM

Yeah, I usually walk away inspired as well. There is a place for all of us ;-)

quiltingweb 10-04-2012 06:31 PM

I like going to the quilt shows, but sometimes I feel like such a hack. I don't imagine I will ever be as skilled as some of the people there, but I know the people I quilt for are happy with my work, so I just keep going. I love doing it and I think I get better, the more I do.

Is someone going to look at one of my quilts and see if my points match? I hope not. I just want them to wrap up in it and enjoy it.

Kitsie 10-04-2012 06:35 PM

Hear, hear! I like to look, but rather here on the board. This gives me a lift!

Originally Posted by quiltingweb (Post 5562744)
I like going to the quilt shows, but sometimes I feel like such a hack. I don't imagine I will ever be as skilled as some of the people there, but I know the people I quilt for are happy with my work, so I just keep going. I love doing it and I think I get better, the more I do.

Is someone going to look at one of my quilts and see if my points match? I hope not. I just want them to wrap up in it and enjoy it.

BellaBoo 10-04-2012 06:37 PM

I always feel motivated after a quilt show, even the top national ones. I want to try harder! Not being the best quilter does not bother me at all. I enter my quilts in shows knowing they are not awe inspiring but hoping someone will see it and think I can do that!

jcrow 10-04-2012 07:00 PM

I kind of understand where you are coming from. I see all the beautiful quilts that I could probably never do or would take me a long time to do and feel small in comparison. But, if I look at the quilts as someone working their butts off really hard to make those, I don't feel bad. I feel that if I wanted to put in the extra effort, I could do it too. I know I could. Well, not all of them, but a lot of them. Some of them are just to be admired...just beautiful works of art. I could never do that. But I could do a lot of the quilts at the show if I wanted to put in the time and effort. I usually don't want to put in that much time and effort.
I think there are a lot of A type personalities out there churning out those beauties. More power to them. Thanks to them, I get to see something magnificent! Now, back to my reality.

Dolphyngyrl 10-04-2012 07:20 PM

Not me, gives me something to aspire to

DogHouseMom 10-04-2012 07:28 PM

Just the opposite. I get inspired about new techniques, patterns, colors ideas. I also get inspired to improve the skills that I already know.

Neesie 10-04-2012 07:50 PM

I love seeing "perfect" quilts, even though I know I'll never produce one. Doesn't bother me, as I have other talents. :)