Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   something got my computer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/something-got-my-computer-t202520.html)

amyjo 10-06-2012 09:26 PM

something got my computer

after I had been here last sat nite I lost everything for using my computer. it attacked my exe files and could not use my virus protection or anything. so watch what we click on on here. Amy

kbatky 10-08-2012 06:51 AM

I lost mine about the same time. I hadn't linked it to any particular site, but I'm on this site a lot! My husband had to do a complete reformat. Luckily I had most things backed up on an external hard drive. But I lost my "favorites" and my email addresses. Very frustrating!

Neesie 10-08-2012 07:42 AM

At least once a day (often multiple times), I'll have a window try to pop up, then a notification from Norton, that something has been blocked (possible threat). :-\

mojo11 10-08-2012 09:06 AM

I also got a virus from this web site a week ago. Had to have it repaired and that was a fast $100. Is this site cleaned up now????????

vondae 10-08-2012 12:22 PM

I thought it was just my computers, yes I said computerS. My computers also got some kind of virus.I use our laptop for general searching & reading on here, & use the desktop for printing patterns, etc. I was hoping it was NOT from something on this QB, but, guess it was. Is there anyway for them to trace it? I'm not very computer savvy so I'm not sure if you can trace these kinds of things or not. This was a first for me & hope it's a last time. I'm hoping my hubby can figure out how to fix it & not have to take them in to be fixed. It costs will cost way to much. I don't know why my antivirus didn't catch it & stop it? HUM?

ibadmin 10-09-2012 12:11 PM

Hi Amy Jo,

Do you remember if you clicked on any ads or links out another site on Saturday?

The Quilting Board itself has been thoroughly checked and is free of viruses. If the virus came from this site, it must be coming through a fraudulent ad or link. If you remember what you clicked on, that would help us find and remove any bugs.

For anyone who is seeing virus warnings - it would help us very much if you could post a screenshot. You can do this by using the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard, then pasting into a post.

mojo11 10-10-2012 05:56 AM

I got my virus from being on the "Tips" thread that I subscribed to.

amyjo 10-10-2012 09:37 AM

I clicked on one of the threads to read it and it camed up threat blocked, so I thought everything was ok, and shut the computer down for the night and then it didn't work the next day. sure wish I could remember what thread I was going to look at. I am now using my laptop and hope nothing gets here. I got my bigone back but have not had time to set it up, lost all my favorites and a lot of other things too. did save patterns and pictures tho.

QuiltnNan 10-11-2012 07:26 AM

i no longer get any ads... someone had posted that they use free Ad Blocker. it really works!