Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   feeling sad that it is all gone (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/feeling-sad-all-gone-t202836.html)

alisonquilts 10-10-2012 08:41 AM

feeling sad that it is all gone

I used the very last scrappy bit of my all time favorite fabric this morning. I have no more. I have used it in landscape quilts, classic quilts, as binding for heavy, woven Roman blinds (used yards of it for that project - every window in the house and two of its sliding doors have homemade Roman blinds!) and now as part of some scrappy blocks that will be assembled shortly. I have had it in my collection for over ten years...

I love this fabric because it is a sturdy batik with a vaguely landscape feel (a suggestion of trees and leaves) containing many of my most-used colors - russet, chocolate, purple, burgundy, moss green, cream, even a bit of navy. Sigh.

Do you have a favorite fabric? Did you hoard the last bits of a particular fabric when you discovered that you cannot get any more? Do you mourn any fabrics that you had, but are now all gone and commercially unavailable?

Alison

PS I will get over this...

bgullett 10-10-2012 09:24 AM

I do have a favorite fabric and am afraid to use it iin fear I won't find anymore. It is a pansey print. Just love it.

Twisted Quilter 10-10-2012 09:28 AM

I have a small piece of Asian print with gorgeous colors that I keep saving. Just can't get myself to cut it.

Deborahlees 10-10-2012 09:39 AM

I feel your pain......:(

I think the only thing that will make you feel better is to go shopping for more fabric .....:p

Chicca 10-10-2012 09:40 AM

My piece of fabric that I just can not seem to find the perfect pattern for belonged to my Great Grandmother and was passed down to my Grandmother, to my mother and now to me. My mother gave me specific orders before giving it to me that I must use it, but I just keep holding onto it. When I pick it up and begin thinking of using it, I just start thinking of all of the history that it has per say been through. But, maybe this coming year I will find the courage and desire to make it into a treasured quilt.

QuiltnNan 10-10-2012 09:44 AM

i have several favorite pieces - every time i think they would go well with something, i can't bear to use it up :)

justflyingin 10-10-2012 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees (Post 5575915)
I feel your pain......:(

I think the only thing that will make you feel better is to go shopping for more fabric .....:p

For sure! That's sure to help ease the pain!

Jan in VA 10-10-2012 11:39 AM

I found a fabulous purple piece a couple years before I turned 60 which I fell in love with and was planning to use to make my "When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple" quilt. Never made the quilt, I'm now 67, and i really don't like the fabric any more!:rolleyes:

Did that cure me of finding, falling for, and hoarding 'spectacular' fabric?:shock: What do YOU think?!:hunf::D

Jan in VA

callie8799 10-10-2012 11:52 AM

For those favorite fabrics of ours that we may not get to see... How about putting them in a photo album. Or use as a background for photos? Sorry for poor grammer. Sending this from iPhone

Grama Lehr 10-10-2012 12:05 PM

At least you cut into yours. . . . . . . . I have some that I can't bear to cut apart.