Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Labrynth quilt and OBW giving to my famil (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/labrynth-quilt-obw-giving-my-famil-t216087.html)

Wendys Quilts 03-11-2013 07:08 AM

Labrynth quilt and OBW giving to my famil

4 Attachment(s)
The first quilt is the One Block Wonder for my sister. She is the one on the right in the picture. That is me on the left with a big smile on my face... I think she liked the quilt ok. I didnt get a good vibe that she even cared about it. I was hoping to get a better reaction when she recieved it. I worked very hard on that quilt to make her happy. She and I have grown apart over the years and I was hoping this would bring a smile to her. I guess I did get a weak one. Anyway...moving on to my Mom and Dad's quilt....

The second picture is of my mom and dad was priceless! Their reactions were the best I could ask for. Mom has been waiting on this quilt for a long time and they finally recieved it from me this weekend. The third quilt is with it on my Mom and Dad's bed. Boy oh boy, they absolutely loved it. Mom and I joked about the quilt before she even saw it. I told her that if she did not like it that i wanted it back LOL. She said she better put it in her will that I get it back LOL. I told her I would put a label on it....The fourth picture is of the label for it.....Please dont think it morbid lol. Mom and I had a good laugh about it, so did my Dad.

Thanks for looking!
Wendy

Sierra 03-11-2013 07:12 AM

Both your quilts are outstanding. The one that grabs me the most is the photo of your parents and their bed! I didn't start quiting until after both my parents were gone. That photo, with your handsome parents and beautiful quilt, actually made me cry! Bless you and your quilting!

dcquilter 03-11-2013 07:35 AM

Both are beautiful!

frustratedquilter40 03-11-2013 07:51 AM

Both are very beautiful! Great idea for the label do not think morbid at all clearly marked on where the quilt goes when the time comes. By the way love love the colors in your OBW I want to make on so bad but scared too try :o

dunster 03-11-2013 08:02 AM

Your OBW is gorgeous, and your sister may love it more than she lets on. If you haven't been close, it may be hard for her to accept that you've spent so much of your time on a gift just for her. The gift for your parents is also very beautiful, and they clearly love it.

jad1044 03-11-2013 08:11 AM

Your sister had a smile on her face on the picture- let that be your "good vibe"........... Iknow the feeling - but don't let it get you down - you meant very well, and she accepted it - so over time it might be a mending point.

Your quilts are gorgeous and yes, the picture of your mom and dad is precious - frame it - it's a keepsake in itself.. Enjoy and keep on making those beautiful quilts - there is a lot of work and love that goes into each and every quilt, whether or not it is meant for a family quilt or a donation quilt - it's giving from the heart - (and hands).

Helen S 03-11-2013 08:35 AM

They are gorgeous! LOVE the looks on your parents' faces and I'd have to say they are thrilled to receive such a beautiful addition to their home!
The label? PERFECT! lol

ruthrings 03-11-2013 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by frusratedquilter40 (Post 5920922)
Both are very beautiful! Great idea for the label do not think morbid at all clearly marked on where the quilt goes when the time comes. By the way love love the colors in your OBW I want to make on so bad but scared too try :o

I love doing the OBW and it is so fun. Every hexagon becomes a surprise! Don't wait any longer. There are no Y seams. . it's really not hard at all.
And to Wendy. . Yours is flat-out gorgeous. The labyrinth is fabulous, too. I love them both.

Tartan 03-11-2013 08:49 AM

​Beautiful quilts and I love the quilt in pride of place on your parent's bed!

debcavan 03-11-2013 09:12 AM

Both are so gorgeous. And the one looks so good in the room