Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New Quilter, And First Post here (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-quilter-first-post-here-t221802.html)

TheFatQuilter 05-19-2013 07:22 AM

New Quilter, And First Post here

4 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, Im new here and New to quilting.
Im a 35 year old man and I started quilting about a month ago.
I was instantly hooked from the second I saw my wife working on her first quilt.

Here are 3 baby quilts i have made so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414370[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414371[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]414372[/ATTACH]

And This is a quilt top im working on. It will fit a double size bed.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]414373[/ATTACH]

I hope you all like what you see and id love to hear your comments good or bad.

all the best

TheFatQuilter

landers1 05-19-2013 07:31 AM

Great job !!!!!

Cass62 05-19-2013 07:32 AM

Welcome aboard! Your quilts are just darling, and I wouldn't have guessed you were such a new quilter. Great work.

Tartan 05-19-2013 07:36 AM

​Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Wow, you are doing great and your quilts are super!

Kathy T. 05-19-2013 07:36 AM

Welcome to the quilting addicts club! Your color choices are all fun ... and it's nice to see a wide variety of patterns - your work is excellent. I hope you and your wife don't have to fight to get the sewing machine - LOL ...

mary quilting 05-19-2013 07:37 AM

Welcome to the board. I love your quilts.

TheFatQuilter 05-19-2013 07:38 AM

Thanks you for the kind words.

I should have added I only Machine quilt. Nothing by hand yet. The hearts done in the top quilt I did with a long arm machine.

:)

TheFatQuilter 05-19-2013 07:40 AM

Hi Tartan, very nice to see someone so close to me. Im in newmarket ontario. Just outside of Toronto :)

Kathy, thank you. Once I got into it we went out and got a second machine. We have also built a nice little area in the basement for this great new hobby.

mighty 05-19-2013 07:43 AM

Welcome from S CA!!!! Beautiful work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

linda faye 05-19-2013 07:53 AM

Welcome from TN USA. Your work is absolutely beautiful! Warning: this Board is very additive :) ! You have joined a group who is very available and willing to help you find solutions to questions and get excited with you when you finish a project. Glad you joined us.

I have a question for you......how do I get my husband to join me in this wonderful hobby? He helps with fabric selection, calculations, and encouragement....but I haven't been able to get him to sit down at the machine except to service it. Actually I am kidding you but I am proud that you have joined your wife in this hobby.

My 10 yr old grandson has done all aspects of quilting: cutting with rotary cutter and rulers, sewing the 1/4" seam and learning to press blocks. He was like a sponge when I began teaching him ... at his request. Always fun to have a quilting buddy.