Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Rotary Cutting Gloves Size Quesion (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/rotary-cutting-gloves-size-quesion-t223662.html)

BirdyFeathers 06-14-2013 05:20 AM

Rotary Cutting Gloves Size Quesion

I have been reading about a lot of rotary cutting accidents and I can imagine how painful that would be. I am so sorry for everyone that have had these painful accidents and hope everyone is healing or has healed well.

It has got me thinking that I am going to get me a Klutz Glove.

My question would be for those that already have these is do they run small, big or are they more true to their size? I might order it online and can't decide if a medium or large would fit. Thanks!

ManiacQuilter2 06-14-2013 12:37 PM

I bought a Fons & Porter glove at JAF and I tried on the glove before I bought it. I looked to see if there was a size on the glove but there wasn't. I like the vinyl dots but it takes a bit to get comfortable with it on. Keep your rotary cutter inside so you will always remember to put it on. I've been quilting for over 30 years and I have never cut myself.

Latrinka 06-14-2013 12:47 PM

I just can't do anything with any kind of gloves on, so I just try to be extra careful, so far haven't cut myself, knock on wood!

barny 06-14-2013 12:53 PM

I bought Fons and Porter small and large. Can't tell a lot of difference. I also have large hands.

CookyIN 06-14-2013 01:28 PM

I got mine at Joann and had to try them on. They only come in med or lg (the size is noted at the bottom left of the package). My hand is small so I just tried on all the mediums and got the best fit. Fit did vary from glove to glove, so you really need to try it on before buying one.

I've had some nasty cuts in the past (not rotary) and don't want to risk a rotary accident. The glove makes me feel so much safer and confident. Bonus -- the nubbies help steady your ruler as you're holding it, so no slipping.

These are pricey, but Joann always has a coupon available.

Weezy Rider 06-14-2013 01:49 PM

If the gloves are like those made for a mandoline food slicer, I think the mfg has the idea one size fits all.

I ordered a kevlar glove in med. There was no small. I have very long fingers and the glove is STILL too big.

It does help with sharp stuff.

QuiltingHaven 06-14-2013 01:52 PM

Okay, after my "almost cutting off the pointer finger and that dreadful tetanus shot incident" and the slicing off of the nail, my DH decided it was time for me to get the klutz glove (by the way the emergency room bill was $575.00, tough lesson - think how much fabric I could have bought....sigh). I use it every time now and I have small hands but the only size they had at Jo Ann's was medium so I got that and it is a tad big but that does make it easier to get one and off. I really do like it and the DH is smiling again when I say "rotary cutter" - they really do cut nicely!!! Neat slice of the finger that healed very nicely with a bandaid every day and lots of neosporine for 3 weeks.

nancysp 06-14-2013 04:03 PM

I also have small hands but want to get a glove after reading some of the stories. And I find I "slip" a bit when tired and know that's an accident waiting to happen. Is Klutz the only one out there?