Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   QB Help Center (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/)
-   -   posting pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/posting-pictures-t226998.html)

athenascooter 07-31-2013 08:25 PM

posting pictures

I have posted pictures before but when I try this time I am having trouble. Says to look for the tree - confused

justflyingin 07-31-2013 08:33 PM

What browser are you using? If you use firefox, there is no tree, but if you use Chrome, there is. I don't know about the others.

Make sure your picture is only 800 pixels MAXimum on the longest side. That is fundamental and no amount of uploading will make it work unless the picture is small enough.

Peckish 07-31-2013 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by justflyingin (Post 6208103)
What browser are you using? If you use firefox, there is no tree.

This is not true. I use Firefox and I have a tree icon.

Athenascooter - at the bottom of the page, there should be a blank box where you can type a reply in any thread. At the top of this box should be a row of icons. There's a smiley icon, a couple that look like Earth, and one that has a picture of a tree. Clicking this tree icon will allow you to insert pictures into a post.

If you do not see this row of icons at the top of the box, I can walk you through how to fix that.

1. Open a second browser window and go to the Quilting Board. Leave this one open so you can click back and forth.

2. Go to settings. Look at the top of the page on the right, click where it says "settings".

3. On the left hand side is a column. Scroll down to "General Settings" in this column and click.

4. Scroll all the way down, almost to the bottom, until you see "Miscellaneous Options". Where it says "Message Editor Interface", make sure the option that is checked is "Enhanced Interface".

5. Now go all the way to the bottom and click "Save Changes". You should now be able to see the icons when you are posting to a thread.

Hope this helps! :)

Peckish 07-31-2013 10:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what the icon bar looks like. I stuck a yellow arrow underneath the tree icon. Also, I agree with justflyingin, your pictures need to be less than 1 mb.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]427529[/ATTACH]

QuiltnNan 08-01-2013 08:16 AM

if you do not have the tree icon, go to Settings/General Settings. Scroll down and choose WYSIWYG and be sure to save your changes. HTH

justflyingin 08-01-2013 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan (Post 6208819)
if you do not have the tree icon, go to Settings/General Settings. Scroll down and choose WYSIWYG and be sure to save your changes. HTH

Will do, because mine with FF doesn't have a tree...but Chrome does (I have three monitors hooked up and I run at least one in FF and one on Chrome at any given time).

Peckish 08-01-2013 09:53 PM

She said the same thing I did, she just used less words. :p

Retired Fire Chief 08-02-2013 03:05 AM

I need help too, I have tried to post pictures but to no avail. I click on the "tree", it asks if I want to post from my computer or a url, I choose to browse from my computer, choose one and then it goes back to that window and doesn't give you a choice. I then hit the X which closes the box but nothing happens. Do I have to copy the site address of my pdf and put that in the url box? What in the world am I doing wrong?

mzzzquilts 08-02-2013 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Retired Fire Chief (Post 6210063)
I need help too, I have tried to post pictures but to no avail. I click on the "tree", it asks if I want to post from my computer or a url, I choose to browse from my computer, choose one and then it goes back to that window and doesn't give you a choice. I then hit the X which closes the box but nothing happens. Do I have to copy the site address of my pdf and put that in the url box? What in the world am I doing wrong?

Hello from Hudson, Saginaw!

I don't believe that PDF files can be uploaded at this time, somebody please correct me if I'm wrong!

Peckish 08-02-2013 01:18 PM

Allowed file types are jpg, jpeg, png, gif. It's not difficult to convert a pdf to a jpg though.