Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Trifold quilted wallets (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/trifold-quilted-wallets-t229963.html)

LivelyLady 09-11-2013 10:16 AM

Trifold quilted wallets

3 Attachment(s)
My daughter asked me to make her a quilted trifold wallet with a detachable body strap.
She said she likes to be able to leave her tote in the car and just put the wallet on when shopping.
I used the standard size of 8 1/2" x 14". Instead of a checkbook pocket, she wanted it for her cell phone.
She wanted a zippered pocket on the inside and one on the out and a cash pocket inside with 10 card pockets. I wrote down all dimensions as I made it and made an accordion template for the card holder. It did up quickly, so this week I took fat quarters and fabric from my stash and made 6 for Christmas gifts (the red one is going to be mine LOL). I got the brads w/caps from Amazon and the
clasps and sew on magnetic closures from my LQS. Thanks for looking.

Cogito 09-11-2013 10:19 AM

Very nice....what pattern did you use? I would like to make them for my daughters.

sandybeach 09-11-2013 10:25 AM

OMG, you are just too clever. I would never have been able to figure out how to do that without a pattern. She (and the other recipients) is going to be very happy with her bag.

LivelyLady 09-11-2013 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito (Post 6287191)
Very nice....what pattern did you use? I would like to make them for my daughters.

I didn't have a pattern, but knew the standard size so I cut 18" squares (main & contrast) and fusible fleece and quilted it. Then I cut out the 8 1/2" x 14 and from there I folded the wallet and just winged it. The zippered top pocket on the inside was easy because I sewed the zipper to the 2 pieces first. For the binding I cut 1 3/4" wide and double folded it. I also used a twin for all the bindings, except the final binding around the wallet.

Tartan 09-11-2013 10:53 AM

​Awesome! Wish I was on your Christmas list.

dogsgod 09-11-2013 11:16 AM

One word...................TUTORIAL! Please?!

QUILTNMO 09-11-2013 11:21 AM

very nice!!!!!

SewExtremeSeams 09-11-2013 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by dogsgod (Post 6287293)
One word...................TUTORIAL! Please?!

I second that motion!! You did a great job.

Ellie377073 09-11-2013 11:38 AM

Love it. What a wonderful idea!

RedGarnet222 09-11-2013 11:42 AM

Oh how nice! I too wish I was on the Christmas gift list. But mine would have no card slots please. I bought a metal safety organizer for my credit cards so they can't be scanned by those bad people. So just a zippered pocket for that ok? Dreaming here... No one makes me any sewn items. They all think I could make it myself.
:~(

Here is a good question. If you use the hot pad batting with the metal inside, do you suppose that would stop the ability for them to steal your credit card numbers?