Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   quilt for a customer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/quilt-customer-t230008.html)

hsquiltingmom 09-11-2013 06:14 PM

quilt for a customer

Hi,

I have a lady that wants me to do a quilt for her that would be a pink camo flannel and denim. She really likes the checkerboard design. She wants the border to be a darker pink flannel, and she wants it backed with the same fabric, as well as two pillow cases to match. I thought of just doing the squares alternating so they are a checkerboard pattern, and then do stitch in the ditch. Then the border I thought I could do more quilting, maybe feathers or something else that would be part of the quilt design. I will probably use 80/20 batting, as I like a bit of the puffiness. Is there a way to dress up the quilt a bit? If she really likes it, then she wants to order some more in a year from now for Christmas gifts for next year. This is really a dream come true for me. I have been selling things at a couple of local farmers markets this year, and last night I had a quilt on display, to advertise my quilting, and then I got home and thought of posting some of the quilts I have done on our facebook page for our little business. That is where the referral came from. One of our mutual friends had me make a quilt for his wife for her birthday.

Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Patti25314 09-11-2013 06:27 PM

Sounds great. The first time I read the pink flannel I read pink flamingos instead of camo. Must be getting tired!

LivelyLady 09-11-2013 06:38 PM

Sounds like your little business is starting to take off.....congratulations! Don't forget to post a picture when completed.

Grandma Bonnie 09-11-2013 07:41 PM

Sorry I am no help but good luck in all you do! Sounds like you have a good start!

PaperPrincess 09-12-2013 04:35 AM

Sounds great. I personally would wash the fabrics before cutting. If you are purchasing the denim (not using upcycled jeans) see if you can find a lighter weight one.
Regarding the business aspect, make sure you get a non-refundable deposit that will cover your outlay for the materials. Put something in writing, doesn't have to be real formal, maybe the size of the quilt, a description, total price and the fact that the deposit is non-refundable.

BellaBoo 09-12-2013 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Patti25314 (Post 6288105)
Sounds great. The first time I read the pink flannel I read pink flamingos instead of camo. Must be getting tired!

I read pink flamingos too and thought I have the perfect pattern for flamingos and checkerboards!

gramajo 09-12-2013 06:03 PM

Bella Boo, What's the name of the checkerboard flamingo you have? Or could you post a picture of it? I like flamingoes and have quite a bit of flamingo fabric.

toverly 09-13-2013 07:58 AM

Congrats on your order! I sounds like you are building a nice quilting business.