Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   JoAnn Fabric Store - Apple Valley MN (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/joann-fabric-store-apple-valley-mn-t230201.html)

bearisgray 09-14-2013 07:51 AM

JoAnn Fabric Store - Apple Valley MN

I had a very nice experience yesterday evening at this store.

I returned some buttons, the clerk/associate was cheerful.

I did not have to wait at the cutting counter and the lady there listened to my monolog about sewing on slippery fabrics politely! :-)

I got to the check-out counter with my three yards of interfacing - no coupon in hand -

The clerk/associate asked me if I had a coupon - I said "no" - but that I was signed up for e-mail.

He then had me fill out that form again - and then went and found a 40% off coupon somewhere and I got the discount.

susiequilt 09-14-2013 08:06 AM

That's the kind of customer service that keeps you coming back!
Super.

DebraK 09-14-2013 08:06 AM

it happens ;-) Good customer service is always a delight.

ArtsyOne 09-14-2013 09:00 AM

It's always good to hear about a good customer service experience! Wish that the Apple Valley store were closer to me.

lb70542 09-14-2013 09:07 AM

You are both so right!!!!! good customer service says a lot. The first job ( worked at that job for 5 yrs.)i ever had was with a chain store and they always said customer service is the key. The word of mouth will make or break you.then worked for a locally own store ( worked there for 20 yrs.) and carried that training over with me and then customers couldn't believe the difference in service.That is now a lose service in some places. If You make me feel I'm a bother to you with my purchase I will never go back. employee and customer go hand in hand... without a customer the employee has NO job.and without an employee we customers have NO place to shop. sry for the venting went shopping yesterday and had some bad service.

nabobw 09-16-2013 05:16 AM

WOW you do not find many like that

Lori S 09-16-2013 05:38 AM

You are very fortunate to have a sales person who understands that service is what the customer remembers most.

bearisgray 09-16-2013 06:08 AM

I think it's odd/ interesting that there are so few responses to this thread. It seems like the "I had something bad happen . . . " type posts get a lot of activity.

Is service that bad?

Or are we so accustomed to things going well - that we only notice when things don' t go well?

retiredteacher09 09-16-2013 07:55 AM

Great to hear that you had great service! I go the JoAnns in Woodbury and have had good service. I think it is great that they got you a coupon because that's above and beyond.

seamstome 09-16-2013 11:51 AM

I had about the same thing happen at one of the local Joann's. Actually it was in the store that a couple years ago I had such a bad experience that I made the clerk cry. Anyway must be new management because on Saturday I was at the counter when I realized all my coupons were for Sunday. Had about 12 dollars of small items. Clerk gave me the discount. Very nice. Saved me from running back on Sunday which would have cost 4 bucks in gas