Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wall hanging (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wall-hanging-t230897.html)

LadyLuck 09-23-2013 11:24 AM

Wall hanging

How do you hang your wall hanging. I'm making monthly wall hangings and trying to figure out how to hang them. Right now I just use heavy clip magnets. I'm very new at this, and have been following this website for quite awhile, and am learning a tremendous amount. Have to learn how to post a picture of my wall hangings. I'm working in Octobers now. I started with July. They are appliqué. First time doing that. I have a Husqvarna Viking Diamond, and the Designer 1, and a Viking serger. Learning the software is very frustrating, but classes are helping. Thanks for listening.

LadyLuck 09-23-2013 11:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]437671[/ATTACH]Oh I think I did it. Well here's August. You button on each month. I'm excited my first picture post.

Nammie to 7 09-23-2013 11:32 AM

That is a cute quilt. They are great for learning applique and you get a bunch of really nice projects when you are done!!

Quilty-Louise 09-23-2013 12:20 PM

I try to make a rod sleeve that is the width of the wall hanging,
but I like to keep it so that it is "flat" against the back just in case
it is wanted/needed as a table topper also.

I had a couple friends ask me to make them a tutorial on exactly
how I made them because they just couldn't seem to follow along.

Nantie 09-23-2013 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by Quilty-Louise (Post 6309939)
I try to make a rod sleeve that is the width of the wall hanging,
but I like to keep it so that it is "flat" against the back just in case
it is wanted/needed as a table topper also.

I had a couple friends ask me to make them a tutorial on exactly
how I made them because they just couldn't seem to follow along.

Quilty-Louise Please do consider making a tutorial many of us would love to learn your method...thanks

Freddie 09-23-2013 01:32 PM

I have a wall in the hallway where I change the hanging for each season. I bought a fancy rod and the rings with clips you can buy for hanging curtains. If the hanging is a little wider than the rod, you just pull out the rod a little and put the clips also on the outside of the brackets, so you can have a variety of widths. My wall has space for up to 45 inches, but I put the brackets 34 inches apart. It looks good and you don't need a sleeve.

Originally Posted by LadyLuck (Post 6309852)
How do you hang your wall hanging. I'm making monthly wall hangings and trying to figure out how to hang them. Right now I just use heavy clip magnets. I'm very new at this, and have been following this website for quite awhile, and am learning a tremendous amount. Have to learn how to post a picture of my wall hangings. I'm working in Octobers now. I started with July. They are appliqué. First time doing that. I have a Husqvarna Viking Diamond, and the Designer 1, and a Viking serger. Learning the software is very frustrating, but classes are helping. Thanks for listening.

fabric lover 09-23-2013 01:49 PM

Ohhhh, thank you so much!!!! I never would have thought of that but I'm certainly going to buy one of those rods (or may be two??? LOL)

Originally Posted by Freddie (Post 6310052)
I have a wall in the hallway where I change the hanging for each season. I bought a fancy rod and the rings with clips you can buy for hanging curtains. If the hanging is a little wider than the rod, you just pull out the rod a little and put the clips also on the outside of the brackets, so you can have a variety of widths. My wall has space for up to 45 inches, but I put the brackets 34 inches apart. It looks good and you don't need a sleeve.

QuiltnNan 09-23-2013 02:00 PM

when i lived in a condo, i hung the seasonal quilts on the door... the neighbors all loved them. to do that, i put on a sleeve, put a skewer in for a rod, and tied a ribbon to each end of that. then i hung it on the door nail.

QuiltnNan 09-23-2013 02:02 PM

forgot to add that i love your august hanging

LadyLuck 09-23-2013 05:08 PM

Thank you quiltinNan.