Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   OOPS! New member of the Featherweight Club (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/oops-new-member-featherweight-club-t231122.html)

SuzzyQ 09-26-2013 04:54 AM

OOPS! New member of the Featherweight Club

3 Attachment(s)
Was perusing Kijiji in boredom last Friday - recovering from surgery on my right foot so can't operate sewing machine - and came across a yard sale for Sunday with amoung other quilter's treasures - three Featherweights. Since it was relatively close to my daughter and her boyfriend is a Kijiji fanatic - I emailed her the link and suggested that if they wanted to go have a look. Well the dear boy called the seller, relayed their conversation and - suddenly I am the proud owner of three little darlings! Good price for the lot too! My plan is to - once I've actually seen them - keep one and sell the others.

Tartan 09-26-2013 05:26 AM

THREE FEATHERWEIGHTS! You hit the mother load, congratulations!

profannie 09-26-2013 05:36 AM

A nice boy eager to please his MIL is a keeper :-)
Congratulations for you nice find.

Shelbie 09-26-2013 05:39 AM

If you are selling, I am in Ontario and would LOVE to buy the the one pictured on the right. It is a 222 open arm model Featherweight and you don't see them very often. You are incredibly lucky to have picked up this lot. I would also advise DD to turn the boyfriend into a husband as he sounds like very good son-in-law material!

Mariposa 09-26-2013 05:39 AM

Wow! What a great set of finds!!

Quilt Novice 09-26-2013 05:49 AM

I'm green with envy!

manicmike 09-26-2013 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by SuzzyQ (Post 6314647)
Was perusing Kijiji in boredom last Friday - recovering from surgery on my right foot so can't operate sewing machine

The first thing that went through my head when I read this was that this is one of very few situations where a knee controller is necessary. Can't operate a sewing machine indeed! ;)

leaha 09-26-2013 06:05 AM

WOW! what a great find, . Do you really want to sell them?? What a great guy to get them for you, he sure is building up good points!
I have 6, 221's and use them for going to sew days, retreats, 4H classes for students to use, and machines in my studio for guild members to use on guild day/night. so easy to care for. And I always like to have a backup machine just in case.

quiltsRfun 09-26-2013 06:15 AM

Now comes the hard part, deciding which ones to part with. I'd keep the 222 for sure since they're so rare. Maybe you "need" two featherweights.

NJ Quilter 09-26-2013 06:22 AM

There was a yard sale not too local to me with a similar stash of FW's a few weeks ago. Alas, I couldn't go that weekend and had no one to do it for me either. My loss but you really scored! Congrats.