Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Vintage machine video tutorial husqvarna viking #1 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/vintage-machine-video-tutorial-husqvarna-viking-1-a-t247317.html)

onaemtnest 05-24-2014 09:08 AM

Vintage machine video tutorial husqvarna viking #1

I recently acquired a beautiful Husqvarna/Viking #1 machine. As I understand this machine is the same basic 'footprint' as the 1100, 1+ or 1200 series machines. Sue Hausmann produced videos for Viking back-in-the-day circa 1993 to demonstrate the functions and how to make the pictograms.

I was wondering if anyone and I know this is a very long shot since videos are scarcer than hen's teeth these days if you might know of a resource or might even have one you'd like to sell? I've also posted in ISO thread but thought perhaps it might be missed by this great group of sewing machine enthusiasts.

I'd surely appreciate any suggestions in my quest in finding this video. Oh, I've been watching eBay every day.

Warm Smiles from Idaho,
Onalee

Candace 05-24-2014 09:41 AM

Hi, I don't think this is a vintage machine. You could contact Viking direct or a local Viking dealer?

onaemtnest 05-24-2014 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Candace (Post 6729559)
Hi, I don't think this is a vintage machine. You could contact Viking direct or a local Viking dealer?

Hi Candace ~ I wondered when I wrote this if it would be considered a 'vintage' machine....it is 20+ years old so I didn't think it would be antique....but since I've read where so many on this thread have multiple machines and access to parts I thought just maybe I'd find someone who had acquired one of these or owned one that had an old dusty video they were never going to use.

Thanks for straightening me out and hopefully no one will be offended by my ignorance in terminology.

Warm Smiles,
Onalee

Candace 05-24-2014 11:12 AM

No one is offended, just that in the vintage section odds would be against you...have you checked ebay?

NapaJohn 05-24-2014 12:14 PM

Hi Onalee,

I don't have a Viking nor had I heard of Sue Hausmann before. However, it appears that she has a website found here: http://www.sewandquiltwithsue.com/

If anyone knows where to find a copy, she might. She might even have one she'd sell you.

Otherwise, keep checking ebay. Sometimes things will pop up occasionally and then disappear.

Good Luck.

John

onaemtnest 05-24-2014 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by NapaJohn (Post 6729704)
Hi Onalee,

I don't have a Viking nor had I heard of Sue Hausmann before. However, it appears that she has a website found here: http://www.sewandquiltwithsue.com/

If anyone knows where to find a copy, she might. She might even have one she'd sell you.

Otherwise, keep checking ebay. Sometimes things will pop up occasionally and then disappear.

Good Luck.

John

Hello NapaJohn ~ I had not heard of her either but was told that she had made an excellent video so of course being the visual person that I am I now have to do my best to find it. She has no contact information except through Facebook and I don't know if that is a place to ask...since I'm not actively involved in Facebook I'm not familiar with their rules.

I will definitely be watching eBay every day as I go there every day and hopefully someone will list it and not throw it in the landfill. :0)

Thanks so much for your time, the link to Sue's webpage and in trying to help me find this.

Cathieinut 05-24-2014 12:51 PM

Ah...so now my Viking #1 is considered vintage! LOL Yeah I guess when it's older than many kids now a days it is!
I have a couple of books on using Pictograms and combining them to make designs but I have to admit I would have to dig for them as I really don't use that feature.
I remember Sue back in the day and probably saw the videos in question years ago. She has done sewing shows that were on PBS for several years and was a fun teacher.
Good luck with your search

NapaJohn 05-24-2014 02:00 PM

Onalee,

On Facebook, she lists her e-mail address publicly. It is [email protected]

Good luck.

John

onaemtnest 05-24-2014 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cathieinut (Post 6729721)
Ah...so now my Viking #1 is considered vintage! LOL Yeah I guess when it's older than many kids now a days it is!
I have a couple of books on using Pictograms and combining them to make designs but I have to admit I would have to dig for them as I really don't use that feature.
I remember Sue back in the day and probably saw the videos in question years ago. She has done sewing shows that were on PBS for several years and was a fun teacher.
Good luck with your search

Ahh Cathie ~ Now I'm really feeling like a dunce.... :0) What determines vintage? Today after planting bedding plants all day yesterday I can certify I'm vintage for sure.

I sure like to know vintage vs. antique? I need a little education here. So tell me if you care to the difference.

On another note do you love your Viking #1 this looks to be a wonderfully cared for machine that I've gotten and I'm thrilled to have a back-up to my machine.

Thanks for the good wishes.

miriam 05-24-2014 03:51 PM

I think we are mechanical vs computer as much as vintage...