Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Mission: Organization (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/)
-   -   Wall color? Update on sewing room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/mission-organization-f23/wall-color-update-sewing-room-t251469.html)

kdeems 08-07-2014 09:17 AM

Wall color? Update on sewing room

2 Attachment(s)
I need to pick a color for the walls of my sewing room...what to do? White? If so what kind of white? There are so many! Light sand? Does it really matter? Personal preference? Here is a picture of the lighting.

Move in day? The week of the 23rd of August...just in time for my birthday![ATTACH=CONFIG]486624[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]486625[/ATTACH]

Pam S 08-07-2014 09:26 AM

A brand new room! Congrats. I'd say pick your favorite color but with all the colorful accents from fabric and thread in a sewing room, you can't go wrong with a nice off white either. Whatever you decide, you know we want to see pictures when it's all done!

Mariposa 08-07-2014 09:34 AM

What whites or light colors do you like? Warm or cool? I'd suggest a white of sorts....
Congrats on your new space, and happy early birthday!

cashs_mom 08-07-2014 09:48 AM

I did a creamy white in my sewing room. I think it was called Magnolia or something like that. I wanted a neutral background so that I could see the color I was working on better without the wall color reflecting. By the time I got all the shelving on the walls, the pegboard and bulletin board and the design boards set up, it was almost a moot point. There's so little wall showing now that it probably wouldn't matter. Whites and beiges are also very easy to put on and to touch up.

Tartan 08-07-2014 09:55 AM

White is nice to add accent colours to. White will either be in warm tones or cool tones so find which you like better. What colour is the flooring going to be?

kdeems 08-07-2014 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6835721)
White is nice to add accent colours to. White will either be in warm tones or cool tones so find which you like better. What colour is the flooring going to be?

The floor is going to be a wood patterned laminate, more toward the warm color.. That's a good point, see which white goes with the flooring. Thanks!

quiltstringz 08-07-2014 01:33 PM

I painted mine a light yellow but what they are saying is true. White is probably a good choice and yes after getting everything up not much of my walls show!

wolph33 08-07-2014 03:13 PM

do what makes you happy-most will be covered anyway.

AllyStitches 08-07-2014 05:01 PM

You should do what makes you happy! Personally, I like Navajo White and Swiss Coffee if you're going with whites. I think those two would lend themselves to warming the space up without darkening it at all. I'm a Realtor, and those two always make a nice space.

nannyrick 08-07-2014 05:24 PM

What a beautiful sewing room!!! I think you should go with what YOU like.