Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   How would you quilt this? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/how-would-you-quilt-t252414.html)

indycat32 08-24-2014 01:33 PM

How would you quilt this?

1 Attachment(s)
This is my most ambitious quilt. Since the picture was taken I've fixed the four-patch that was turned wrong, and added a border. Previously I've done my own quilting and am pretty much a minimalist (SITD, cross-hatch), but I've never done one this large and I plan on taking to my LQS. When I take it in and they say what do you want done, I have no idea what to tell them. And what color thread should I use? Picture with bonus quilt inspector. I can't put a piece of fabric on my cutting table or a quilt on my floor without Reggie making himself comfortable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]488921[/ATTACH]

suern3 08-24-2014 01:56 PM

This is really pretty, love your colors. Is there a name for this pattern or is it your own design? Hopefully, your long-armer will have suggestions for the quilting and thread color.

PaperPrincess 08-24-2014 03:43 PM

With the white background, I would go with white thread. I'd ask to see their all over designs and pick one with swirls. You quilt came out lovely. That pattern has been on my bucket list for a while. Love the white w/ batiks.

Emma S 08-24-2014 04:06 PM

I think white thread would maintain the lovely crispness of the white with the vibrant colors. You could consider outlining the "petals" with a curved line with some kind of simple lines inside and then use another shape to fill the interior of the diamonds. This design is generally how I am going to quilt my Celtic Solstice which has very similar shapes.

Doggramma 08-24-2014 04:17 PM

I just wanted to say how beautiful your quilt is! And the inspector sure looks comfy after finishing the inspection. Sorry no quilting ideas, but I'm sure the LA'er will have ideas.

M.Elizabeth 08-24-2014 04:23 PM

This is a beautiful quilt. I love the scrappy look with the design showing quite prominently. What is the name of the pattern?

Boston1954 08-24-2014 04:24 PM

There is nothing like cat hair to add to a great quilt. lol. I have always liked all over patterns for quilting. As far as the thread color, I would use a bright variegated. Take advantage of the bright fabrics. I love it, the pattern, the colors, everything. please be sure to show some pictures with closeups when it is all done.

0tis 08-24-2014 04:43 PM

I think the quilt is such a beautiful pattern that I would just do an all over meander - the quilt itself needs to stand out not the quilting - and with the color and the pattern - you probably wouldn't see much of the quilting anyway - it will be cheaper for the meander also. I think you will be very happy with the result - it is a beautiful quilt.

lfstamper 08-24-2014 04:59 PM

Any all over quilting would be beautiful - maybe swirls? Did you use Tri-rec rulers for the triangles? What pattern is this? Love the colors and design.

AllyStitches 08-24-2014 05:04 PM

I love your quilt!!