Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   New addition to my Sewing machine collection (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/new-addition-my-sewing-machine-collection-t256501.html)

nursie76 11-08-2014 02:15 PM

New addition to my Sewing machine collection

2 Attachment(s)
I really am going to have to teach my hubby to sew! He loves to collect sewing machines, but has never used one. I can't complain because I get to use them. On Wednesday he informed me that he had won a machine on Ebay, a 1970-80's Toyota sewing machine. He said that since we both drove Toyota's I should drive a Toyota sewing machine sometimes as well!:o So "Yodette" arrived today. Although my main machines are Bernina's, I do have 2 feather weights, a small Brother, as well as a Singer Red Eye treadle and several other vintage machines and the featherweights and Brother both sew, I pull then out to give them a drive every so often. This Toyota Model 4081 is a basic machine with some fancy stitches and 4 step button holer. It is a solid machine, mostly metal. I have been having fun trying her out this afternoon, making some fabric pumpkins. So here she is! Meet Yodette! (Oh, she came with the cutest little miniature sewing supplies box. I have one just like it, but3 times as large.)

#1piecemaker 11-08-2014 02:28 PM

She's purdy!!! I bet she sews like a dream!

nursie76 11-08-2014 02:30 PM

Yes, she actually sews very nicely. Not all the bells and whistles of my Bernina, but a fun little machine! I am glad to have her as an addition to my hoard..ah...ummm....collection! :)

Jennie and Me 11-08-2014 08:33 PM

What a sweetie! If I had the room I would just keep buying machines. Like quilting, sewing machines are an addiction!

nursie76 11-08-2014 08:59 PM

Jennie - Yes, I love the history behind the machines and feel like having them is capturing a moment in history. Hubby and I were just discussing putting up more shelves in the family/sewing room to display some of the more interesting ones. Last night he came home with a childs pink singer toy sewing machine from the 60-70's. Love the man! :)

Girlfriend 11-08-2014 09:28 PM

I didn't realize they make Toyota sewing machines. Looks like a really solid machine.

nursie76 11-09-2014 05:30 AM

Originally Posted by Girlfriend (Post 6961546)
I didn't realize they make Toyota sewing machines. Looks like a really solid machine.

It is a real solid machine, and is heavier than it looks. I think it is all metal. I didn't know they made sewing machines either. Course my next question to my hubby after saying that was..."are there Yamaha ones too?" Lol!

Jennie and Me 11-09-2014 10:17 AM

In my dreams, I have a huge sewing studio with all of my machines set up so that I can just walk in and decide which lovely I want to play with. As I said, in my dreams!:p

goldsberry921 11-09-2014 10:23 AM

Very nice "ride"

nursie76 11-09-2014 12:43 PM

Jennie - I have the same dream...wouldn't that be fun?!

goldsberry921 - Thank, it is a "nice ride" :thumbup: