Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2015 Patriotic Red, White & Blue Block Swap-Sign Ups Close July 1, 2015 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2015-patriotic-red-white-blue-block-swap-sign-ups-close-july-1-2015-a-t265433.html)

Mariposa 05-20-2015 08:01 PM

2015 Patriotic Red, White & Blue Block Swap-Sign Ups Close July 1, 2015

Let's celebrate freedom! What speaks patriotic to you? Red, white and blue, Old Glory, fourth of July, stars, fireworks, and such.

This swap is for 12.5" unfinished (12" finished) blocks, done in Reds, Whites & Blues.

Blocks to be in sets of 4. Limit of 5 sets per swapper. Total of 20 blocks. All blocks will be swapped out, so make an extra of each design for yourself, if you so choose.

Each set of 4 should be a same design, but the fabrics may vary. Only 1 set of any design. This gives you opportunity to try out a few of those block patterns that you have been meaning to do!

This swap is open to all skill levels.

Be sure to use quality PRE-WASHED 100% cotton fabrics. (NO flannel, homespun, poly-blends, or see-through)

Blocks can be made using traditional piecing, paper piecing, embroidered, appliqued, or combinations thereof.
(If using applique, all pieces must be sewn down in some manner. Please do not use mono-filament thread.)

Please check to make sure your blocks ARE 12.5" square. Please also check for any holes or tears, or inadequate seam allowances. Tidy up the back of block as well.

Put a small label on each block, including your real name and board name.

For Mailing: please put blocks in a large ziploc baggie along with your name and address on/in the bag. This will help protect your blocks in case your package gets damaged.
Include a USPS money order or cash for $6.10 to cover return postage to you. Blocks will be sent in padded priority flat rate envelopes, with Delivery Confirmation. I get these envelopes free from usps.com.
If proper postage is not sent, your package will wait until adequate funds are received. Please do not send your own envelopes.

Sign ups are open until July 1st, 2015. Blocks need to be TO ME by July 15th, 2015.

Please send me a PM to sign up, so I don't miss you. If you know how many sets you will be sending in, that would be nice to know too!

Basic swap rules may be found here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

Some block ideas may be found at: www.quilterscache.com, on Pinterest, or many other internet sites. Please ask if you need help.

Come and join in with us! :)

KLTQuilts 05-23-2015 01:32 PM

Mariposa - I'm in . . . yea! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sponsoring the Red, White & Blue block swap. :thumbup: Please put me down for 2 sets - I may do an additional set or two, but know for sure I can do 2 sets!

Mariposa 05-23-2015 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by KLTQuilts (Post 7204594)
Mariposa - I'm in . . . yea! Thank you, thank you, thank you for sponsoring the Red, White & Blue block swap. :thumbup: Please put me down for 2 sets - I may do an additional set or two, but know for sure I can do 2 sets!

Glad to have you along! :)

Mariposa 05-26-2015 07:45 AM

*Anyone else care to join us-? ;)

Annaquilts 05-26-2015 10:11 PM

I want to but at this point I have too much going on and too little time to do it. There might be a small chance but I will need to have the blocks done then by July 1 st and then sign up.

Mariposa 05-27-2015 05:15 AM

Hope you jump in, Anna! :)

Annaquilts 05-27-2015 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by Mariposa (Post 7208165)
Hope you jump in, Anna! :)

Me too Mariposa. Working on my other responsibilities but I will also be gone for at least a week and hosting for two weeks from now till July 1 st.

Annaquilts 05-27-2015 10:24 AM

How many do we have so far? I guess if we have at least 5 people doing the full set allowed we will all get a nice variety along with the blocks we make for ourselves.

Mariposa 05-31-2015 07:49 AM

So far, we have four, maybe five. Am hoping for more.......:)

jarenie 06-02-2015 01:29 PM

GGD wants to join

My GGD would like to join but she is not a member. She is 13 and a beginner. What do you think?