Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   EQ7 Software Question????? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/eq7-software-question-t268191.html)

Stevensgirl 07-31-2015 01:41 AM

EQ7 Software Question?????

I don't own the EQ7 at this time, but I am considering buying it later this year. To those of you that have used it, does the software help you determine how big to cut your pieces after you design something? For example if the quilt you designed had a finished 4 inch square, would it calculate for you that that square needs to 4.5 inches in order to finish your quilt. It would be really cool if it did!

Thanks!
D.

kathy 07-31-2015 01:47 AM

absolutely, it will give you a template or rotary cutting instructions

ManiacQuilter2 07-31-2015 04:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
If I could get my new scanner to work, I could show you what is displayed. You can get a calculation on how much fabric you will need of each fabric used in the design. It will also print out a rotary cutting guide for each block in the quilt. Have you gone on their website? They have a lot of videos to watch. I have own EQ since 1995 and wouldn't live without it. You can easily resize quilts into various sizes. It will not tell you how many squares you need to cut. You need to count the number of squares required to cut in this Falling Charm quilt I am planning to make:

sewbeadit 07-31-2015 04:24 AM

This is a very interesting question for me as I just bought the EQ7 and haven't even opened it yet! I am off to visit the website and see the videos and info, thanks for the question and the answers! Also love this falling charm quilt pattern you put up ManiacQuilter2!

Onebyone 07-31-2015 06:28 AM

You can see a picture of the quilt without the block lines too. I like my EQ7.

soccertxi 07-31-2015 06:53 AM

You can even scan in the fabric you want to use and see how it will work!

SlightlyOffQuilter 07-31-2015 09:56 AM

I love love LOVE my EQ7, and have upgraded to EQSttch which is amazing as well if designing your own embroidery / appliques which i have just started getting back into.

Onebyone 07-31-2015 01:27 PM

You don't have to scan. Just import a thumbnail pic you find online of the fabric you have. Unless you have very old fabric there is always a thumbnail of the fabric line at the manufacturer website.

Stevensgirl 07-31-2015 03:23 PM

Wow! I had no idea it did so much! Now I want it sooner than later! Now to find the right moment to bring the subject up to my husband...:p

Thanks everyone for the info!

D.

sophiebernina 07-31-2015 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7273003)
You don't have to scan. Just import a thumbnail pic you find online of the fabric you have. Unless you have very old fabric there is always a thumbnail of the fabric line at the manufacturer website.

Thank you for this excellent tip! I was dreading having to scan my fabrics in!

(I live in the UK and unfortunately Electric Quilt no longer sell their digital downloads to EU countries so I cannot buy their fabric libraries).