Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Amazon Prime price lowered today only $67 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/amazon-prime-price-lowered-today-only-%2467-t270402.html)

yngldy 09-25-2015 04:22 PM

Amazon Prime price lowered today only $67

Hope I won't get in trouble, but found out that Amazon Instant Prime has dropped the price for one day only to $67 for the year, in case anyone is interested. Just go to Amazon.com before 11:59 tonight and sign up.

ManiacQuilter2 09-26-2015 10:14 AM

I did sign up but very disappointed that most of the movies that I want to watch cost a minimum of $1.99. Am I missing something???

Belfrybat 09-27-2015 04:30 AM

I've been a Prime member for a couple of years. There's a ton of free movies and TV shows. Just click on Prime Video to see the free ones. If you click on Amazon Video, then the paid ones show up.

marymay 09-27-2015 04:35 AM

This is only for NEW MEMBERS !!!!!!!!!

Onebyone 09-27-2015 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by marymay (Post 7329007)
This is only for NEW MEMBERS !!!!!!!!!

I am a member, have been for several years. I bought the Prime at the low price and sent as a gift to myself. When it comes time to renew I'll use the paid gift subscription for Prime for a year. There are always ways to think outside the box to get great deals and save money.

slbram17 09-27-2015 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by yngldy (Post 7327910)
Hope I won't get in trouble, but found out that Amazon Instant Prime has dropped the price for one day only to $67 for the year, in case anyone is interested. Just go to Amazon.com before 11:59 tonight and sign up.

I saw that and let it slip by. Have mixed feeling because I didn't use any of their services on a free 30 day trial. But then I see smaller purchases that would be shipped free. Oh well...maybe next time. That was a really good price, even lower than the price before they raised it to $99.

Seaside gal 09-28-2015 01:23 PM

I signed up for the free trial the day before. Figures!

Newbie question -

I'm going to be watching the videos on my TV. Do you use the same sign in on the TV as your Amazon account sign in?

That doesn't seem very secure. Do you sign out after watching the videos?

Onebyone 09-29-2015 04:07 AM

You have to sign in and enter a code the first time. After that it's always on. If you want to buy or rent a non prime movie you have to sign in to your account with a pin you select.

Seaside gal 09-29-2015 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 7330760)
You have to sign in and enter a code the first time. After that it's always on. If you want to buy or rent a non prime movie you have to sign in to your account with a pin you select.

Thanks for the information. I was having trouble figuring it out.

Ms Kay 09-29-2015 09:04 AM

I went to Amazon and I didn't find the $ 67.00 deal all it showed was a free trial. How do you find the deal?