Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Janome 6600 question - scan 1/4" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/janome-6600-question-scan-1-4-a-t273850.html)

meyert 12-29-2015 09:33 AM

Janome 6600 question - scan 1/4"

I have grand plans to start on a double wedding ring quilt. I am using the templates from Shar Jorgenson (so I can follow her videos)

Yesterday I worked on my practice block. After setting up my machine for the scant 1/4" I passed the "sew" test and everything is lining up great. I had to move the needle to accomplish that but its all good.

My question is on that pesky scant 1/4". When I turned off my machine the needle location went back to the original location (maybe its the default for the machine)

I am not going to be able to leave my machine turned on until I get this quilt completed....I expect that will take me months.

On a Janome 6600 is there any way to save the needle setting so I don't have to go through that set up every time? I supposed I would get better at it every time I do it, but I think it would be nice to keep the exact same setting for the entire quilt

Any ideas?

thankss

Mdegenhart 12-29-2015 09:37 AM

If you find out please tell me! I have just gotten into the habit of moving the needle every time I turn mine on. My "personal" setting does not agree to the instructions that came with my foot. I learned to put an add-a-quarter ruler under my foot to "measure"

EasyPeezy 12-29-2015 09:48 AM

I have a Janome 6600 and it memorize the last stitch and needle position made.
If you just set it without stitching anything it will go back to the previous stitching
when you switch it off. You could always check with your Janome sales rep.
Is your machine still under warranty?

ManiacQuilter2 12-29-2015 09:52 AM

I put a post a note on my Bernina to remind me to reset the needle position. I do have memory that I can set, but it just takes less than 5 seconds reset the needle position

meyert 12-29-2015 09:59 AM

Thanks EasyPeezy I will test that out, maybe it did save the setting and I am just overly nervous (done that before)
I did call the lady that I bought the machine from but she is not answering. I will check things out again.

ManiacQuilter2 - a sticky note was going to be my next plan. Great minds think alike :)

bearisgray 12-29-2015 10:16 AM

How long does it take to reset the settings?

I think a note to self - at least to check them before sewing - might be the easiest way to go.

KalamaQuilts 12-29-2015 10:29 AM

I haven't set anything and mine has been in scant quarter when I turn it on for years :)
I use the o2 or o foot, I can't remember right now, with the needle setting 2 pokes left of default.

my 8900 doesn't do that so I've use fine sharpie to just write on the top of the machine what I use
o foot plus D95 plus 8.8 needle setting. My brain is toast.
I do remember reading about manually setting favorite settings, does that help :)

roisinom 12-29-2015 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From the manual, think this is what you're looking for[ATTACH=CONFIG]539028[/ATTACH]

sewwhat85 12-29-2015 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by roisinom (Post 7417297)
From the manual, think this is what you're looking for[ATTACH=CONFIG]539028[/ATTACH]

Well who knew! I have 2 janome 6600 and never knew that always used stickey note

meyert 12-29-2015 06:06 PM

Thank you! I have the manual and I missed that. I will give it a try