Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Purple and Blue Batiks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/purple-blue-batiks-t274029.html)

MarionsQuilts 01-02-2016 04:50 PM

Purple and Blue Batiks

1 Attachment(s)
Hello all!!!

I have some gorgeous batiks (pic below) and I'm looking for some inspiration!

BUT I have some limits LOL

Nothing too easy
Nothing too big (no bigger than 50x50 inches)
No FMQ required LOL - I have given up on that completely - but I do have a fabulous embroidery machine so can do that!

My resolution for this year is to do more complicated quilt patterns - in other words, something that won't take me 2 days to complete the quilt top!

Any suggestions and ideas are more than welcome!

Thanks all, and have a fabulous weekend.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]539272[/ATTACH]

Altairss 01-02-2016 05:00 PM

So what do you consider easy? Everyones limits are different :)

MarionsQuilts 01-02-2016 05:14 PM

For me easy is when I can make a block in 15 to 20 minutes

gingerd 01-02-2016 05:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here ya go...it's my avatar and the photo below! The pattern is called Dragon Bones. You need 5 lights and 5 darks.

AmyBible 01-02-2016 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by gingerd (Post 7421685)
Here ya go...it's my avatar and the photo below! The pattern is called Dragon Bones. You need 5 lights and 5 darks.

That is soooo cool! Beautiful job! Where did you get the pattern?

katier825 01-02-2016 06:07 PM

Those would make a gorgeous Lucky Stars! The blocks are 15", so a 3x3 layout would be 45" square.

NikkiLu 01-02-2016 06:12 PM

Beautiful batiks! But, I would be sure that I washed them first - especially the two dark blue ones. They BLEED a lot. I had to throw away a blue one that would not stop bleeding. I put them in a pure white dish pan with a drop of liquid soap and gently swish them around - start with the lightest colors and then go to the darker ones. I use warm water and a cool rinse. I lay them out of big, thirsty towels on my kitchen counter and roll them up for a few minutes and then put them over a clothesline in my utility room - very little wrinkling that way.

NatalieF 01-02-2016 06:14 PM

those would be a gorgeous Lone Star / Radiant Star.

gingerd 01-02-2016 06:57 PM

Dragon Bones is in a book.....Accent on Angles....Easy Strip-Set Quilts by Susan Purney Mark.

"Easy".....haaa.....once I figured it out. Yes, it was a challenge and I loved every minute of it. I too wanted a challenge and this quilt did that. I want to make another, but don't currently have fabric for it. I'd love to do it with your blues/purples.

The batiks worked for me. I'm glad I made it in batiks. The first cut, sew was done, and redone about 4 times. If I would of made it with regular fabric it would of shred.

I really do want to make another! I'd use batiks again.

NatalieF 01-02-2016 07:09 PM

That is gorgeous Gingerd