Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   Merle Haggard dead on his 79th birthday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/merle-haggard-dead-his-79th-birthday-t277490.html)

Chasing Hawk 04-06-2016 12:10 PM

Merle Haggard dead on his 79th birthday

R.I.P

Hope you have a cool jam session with Johnny and Waylon. With June singing backup.

Tartan 04-06-2016 12:15 PM

I thought it was strange that he died on his birthday. How often does that happen?

lynnie 04-06-2016 12:36 PM

that is strange! Hope they have a cool jam session too.

thimblebug6000 04-06-2016 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 7516370)
I thought it was strange that he died on his birthday. How often does that happen?

We love country music and are sorry to hear of his passing... as to the birthday etc.....my BIL passed away on my DH's birthday.... and even though it doesn't seem as odd.... it is not easy to deal with.... each birthday comes.... but then.... the sad memory arrives..... SO.... if.... and of course we don't.... get the choice.... I believe it is better to pass on your OWN special day so that your loved ones can remember you then.... and not mar their special days with sadness..... I hope this comment doesn't offend anyone.

amyjo 04-06-2016 07:43 PM

well, if his birthday was on the 6th he died early this morning. they have been saying he died yesterday morning. I waited till I saw it on the national news before I believed it.

DOTTYMO 04-06-2016 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000 (Post 7516532)
We love country music and are sorry to hear of his passing... as to the birthday etc.....my BIL passed away on my DH's birthday.... and even though it doesn't seem as odd.... it is not easy to deal with.... each birthday comes.... but then.... the sad memory arrives..... SO.... if.... and of course we don't.... get the choice.... I believe it is better to pass on your OWN special day so that your loved ones can remember you then.... and not mar their special days with sadness..... I hope this comment doesn't offend anyone.

I don't know the person but I can relate to this comment. My mother went into a coma and was rushed into hospital on a Tuesday morning. Family sat by her bed all day until staff told us to go home at 11.00 pm as there had been no change since she came in. Five minutes away phone ring she had passed away.11. 15 pm. Wednesday was her eldest grandsons birthday. I'm sure she went to avoid. A reminder on his day.

Manalto 04-07-2016 02:36 AM

I believe it can only happen once.

James

quiltin-nannie 04-07-2016 02:37 AM

My father-in-law died on his birthday. I thought that was really strange! Don't hear of it too often.

deedum 04-07-2016 03:38 AM

shows you what a class act he was, not many people die on their birthday. even that was special just like him.
I had seen him several times and he was the best ever! We will miss him!

RN-Quilter 04-07-2016 04:05 AM

Originally Posted by manalto (Post 7516814)
i believe it can only happen once.

James

:d:d:d lol :d