Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/)
-   -   Red Orange..Yep. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/vintage-antique-machine-enthusiasts-f22/red-orange-yep-t279560.html)

Sunflowerzz 06-13-2016 07:42 PM

Red Orange..Yep.

1 Attachment(s)
Couldn't miss this baby! Sitting all bright and colorful on the lower shelf amid 6 or seven other plain janes at a local thrift shop. We stopped buying machines as we have retired and are downsizing and rehoming 2/3rds of the collection. But I just couldn't resist this one especially when I checked her out up close and saw that she was a Vigorelli in excellent shape. She is an Amica E-75 Stretch and Sew and has the name Ann Pearson on her. Probably 70's

Has a neat flip up metal lid too. Pictures of her are exactly how she was purchased today with dust and grime for $20.00.
You all know I will clean her up spotless and then she will receive a thorough check up. No manual and no Extension table. She is a neat tri color with orange, dark beige and white. She wasn't used very much at all that much I can tell just from a quick inspection.

If I can't get her up and running I think I will still display her in the living room anyway, she is just so much to look at it and makes a wonderful color spot...
;)

Jane Quilter 06-13-2016 07:51 PM

I love the instructional pictures on the machine and the base. And the color is brilliant!

zozee 06-14-2016 03:20 AM

Cute! That Ann Person logo made me smile. I can see why you couldn't resist this little jewel.

jbj137 06-14-2016 06:45 AM

*** She is Bright & Beautiful.

quiltingcandy 06-14-2016 06:51 AM

That is so cute! I think I would have brought her home too.

Friday1961 06-14-2016 07:57 AM

Gorgeous little machine! So glad you rescued her! And I agree, she'll make a great display, even if you don't sew on her.

Cari-in-Oly 06-14-2016 11:27 AM

I recall reading something a long time ago about these machines being connected to/ part of the marketing for/ ??? the advent of the Stretch N Sew patterns. I've tried to remember where I read about it but it just won't come to me.

Cari

M.Elizabeth 06-14-2016 12:53 PM

I'm not into old machines except that I have my mom's late 40s treadle. But that is a lovely machine. Congratulations!

Sunflowerzz 06-14-2016 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cari-in-Oly (Post 7576972)
I recall reading something a long time ago about these machines being connected to/ part of the marketing for/ ??? the advent of the Stretch N Sew patterns. I've tried to remember where I read about it but it just won't come to me.

Cari

I am sure you are right. I am going to do some research on Ann when I have time.

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I am trying to decide on a name for her...so many ways to go with this one...LOL

roserips 06-15-2016 10:06 AM

What a great piece of sewing history Ann Pearson is a legend in garment construction.