Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What are your plans for the 4th? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-your-plans-4th-t280139.html)

Onebyone 07-03-2016 09:22 AM

What are your plans for the 4th?

We are staying home for the 4th. My kids decided to stay here for the weekend too to swim and grill and chill. I'm staying in my sewing room for the most part. It's not that I don't get to see the kids or the grands, I see them all several times a week. Half in living room watching movies, half in the pool and the other half in the kitchen. LOL

ManiacQuilter2 07-03-2016 09:24 AM

I don't have any living relatives since 1988, so I am just going to enjoy a day of quilting charity quilts and hope the fireworks are far enough not to wake me. :)

orangeroom 07-03-2016 09:54 AM

I like your "Swim, grill and chill" saying and attitude! I guess we're doing the same! We're having one dd and sil, my in-laws, father and step mom over, cant forget ds too! He's almost 16 yrs old so he still lives at home. Burgers, hots, salt potatoes, beans, chips, salad and dessert! Mmm....I'll have on hand chili too, in case anyone wants to make a chili dog!

Our local town had fireworks last night. Since I drifted off to sleep prior to 7pm, I didn't even hear them!

Boston1954 07-03-2016 09:55 AM

Hamburgers, potato salad and the Boston Pops on CBS.

jjs56 07-03-2016 09:59 AM

Finishing a quilt for a friend who just got diagnosed with breast cancer. Her surgery is Friday and I want to get it to her before then. I'll also be trying to keep my dog calm through the fireworks.

SewingSew 07-03-2016 10:01 AM

ManiacQuilter2, The family my husband was close to have all passed on. I have a lot of family, but they are all down south and I live up New Hampshire. My children each had plans this holiday. My daughter and grandson are in Boston for the weekend, and my son is in Maine, so my husband and I are having some much needed alone time going out to dinner, movie and fireworks display.

Flowergurl 07-03-2016 10:39 AM

We call this hell week. One of my bostons is terrified of fireworks.
It is a struggle to get her to go outside and go potty if she hears so much as 1 firework
go off while she is outside.
We will probably bar-b-q some chicken and try to have a normal evening....
I have to get up for work at 3:30 am and fireworks don't end until after midnight on the 4th. Sigh....

SewingSew 07-03-2016 11:05 AM

I lost my beloved dog 2 years ago. She was 13 and we got her when she was 8 weeks old. She looked liked a short haired Chow. She was terrified of thunderstorms, fireworks, and several other things. She would start pacing and panting when the barometric pressure changed. She would destroy things. The floors in my house were lifted from a 100 year old church. One of the parsons doors from the church is the door to my second story. She chewed up the frame to that. She chewed the door to my brand new dryer. She broke her tooth. I could make a long list of the things she destroyed. I used to dread fireworks and thunderstorms. We tried everything we could think of to calm her. Finally we found Acepromazine and that helped for awhile until she seemed to become resistant to it. Anyway, I feel your pain!

NoraB 07-03-2016 11:34 AM

Staying home and sewing...husband working on a shed he's building. Then, will watch the fireworks display from our balcony. We can see 2 shows at once!

Cotton Mama 07-03-2016 12:47 PM

Watching Turn, the AMC show about spies during the American Revolution.