Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Marshal Dry Goods solids flat folds (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/marshal-dry-goods-solids-flat-folds-t280744.html)

meyert 07-25-2016 11:10 AM

Marshal Dry Goods solids flat folds

Hello,

I know it was on this board that I heard of Marshall Dry Goods Wholesale. I have purchased a bolt from them and used it in a daycare project... 18 months later still going strong

I am thinking about their flat fold solids. Has anyone bought those?

I realize its not heirloom quality, but for Quilts for Kids I am hoping it will be alright

Any thoughts?

nvb50 07-25-2016 03:27 PM

I buy most of my fabric from Marshalls. Every time I get close to Batesville, I have to stop by. I have seen some of this fabric at JoAnn's. I have not purchased the bundles. Marshalls is my favorite store.

TeresaA 07-25-2016 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by meyert (Post 7610884)
Hello,

I know it was on this board that I heard of Marshall Dry Goods Wholesale. I have purchased a bolt from them and used it in a daycare project... 18 months later still going strong

I am thinking about their flat fold solids. Has anyone bought those?

I realize its not heirloom quality, but for Quilts for Kids I am hoping it will be alright

Any thoughts?

I have seen everything in charity quilts from old sheets to gauzy loose weaves. The question you want to ask is, " is it warm and comforting?" If so, then it's good. I am pretty sure that most of what they're selling would be just fine. Give it a try.

Come to think of it, I bought some of Marshall's own brand from Whittle's. I didn't love the design , but thought the quality was pretty good.

Good luck, and thank you for making quilts for people.

As my tagine says, you really can't go wrong with kindness.

QuiltingVagabond 07-25-2016 04:23 PM

Teresa, have you ever shopped at Zincks in Ligonier? They have some great prices, especially in their flat folds and kids fabrics. And flannel!
Would be worth the trip I think.

meyert 07-25-2016 04:55 PM

Thanks for your replies. I think I will give it a try

Teresa, have you ever shopped at Zincks in Ligonier?
No I have not been there. Maybe I will check into them

luvspaper 07-25-2016 05:25 PM

I've been pleased with all the fabric I have gotten from Marshalls Dry Goods. Don't think I have gotten flat folds just yardage (but it might have come off a flat fold!)

meyert 07-26-2016 04:27 AM

Thanks!! I have gotten the courage up and I ordered.

daisydawg 07-26-2016 05:39 AM

I bought one of their flat fold bundles with a friend of mine. We make and donate a lot of comfort quilts and are quite pleased with this order. I have bought from Marshalls for a long time and have always had good luck with their fabric.

redstilettos 07-26-2016 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by meyert (Post 7611491)
Thanks!! I have gotten the courage up and I ordered.

Please return back if you would, and let us know how you like it. I am VERY tempted to order from them. Their prices are fabulous!

Fabaddict 07-27-2016 04:29 AM

I have bought lots and lots of Marshalls fabric and have never had a problem. You will find Marshalls fabric in most quilt shops - they are a wholesale shop as well as retail.