Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   My Still Life Roses Mini (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/my-still-life-roses-mini-t28150.html)

n2scraplvr 11-03-2009 09:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Finally finished my scrappy roses mini and wanted you to see. It's my first try at this, very labor-intensive, but may try it again. I did a blanket stitch by hand around one rose and didn't want that so tore it off. Thought about Mfeather stitching each one, then decided to just let it go ragged edge. Didn't like the white stitching showing so I dyed the thread to match the roses. I did hand sew in gold thread three of the teal leaves and boy do they sparkle, but pic doesn't show it well. Whatta ya think?

My scrappy roses still life - 1st try
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55065[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 11-03-2009 11:39 PM

It's beautiful!! :D All of your
hard work shows up great!!
I am so glad that you shared
this work of art with us!!
:D :D :D :D :D

Quilt4u 11-04-2009 02:44 AM

Wow!!!! Looks like a lot of work went into them. Great job.

n2scraplvr 11-04-2009 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug
It's beautiful!! :D All of your
hard work shows up great!!
I am so glad that you shared
this work of art with us!!
:D :D :D :D :D

Thank you, SulaBug! The nice words sure are appreciated! I just love sharing w/you guys! Thanx again! :wink: :lol: :wink:

n2scraplvr 11-04-2009 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Wow!!!! Looks like a lot of work went into them. Great job.

Thank you, Quilt4u! Yes, it's right time-comsuming, but I think worth it in the end. Glad you enjoyed! :wink: :lol: :wink:

Tiffany 11-04-2009 10:18 AM

Wow! Impressive!

I think the only suggestion I can make is to have you put a quarter or something like that in the picture. I can tell the roses are small by comparing them to the thread stitches, but I get the feeling they are smaller than I realize. Just how tiny are these roses? And you dyed your own thread!?! I'm envious and wished I lived closer to you so you could show me how!

Esqmommy 11-04-2009 10:22 AM

Yes, it is really cool.

I agree, and I'd also like to see a shot from a little farther away to give me more perspective. I'd like to see a close up, and then a farther shot of your lovely works!!

JJean 11-04-2009 10:30 AM

Gosh that is amazing! lovely! beautiful! (I'm running out of adjectives)! :D

n2scraplvr 11-04-2009 10:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Wow! Impressive!

I think the only suggestion I can make is to have you put a quarter or something like that in the picture. I can tell the roses are small by comparing them to the thread stitches, but I get the feeling they are smaller than I realize. Just how tiny are these roses? And you dyed your own thread!?! I'm envious and wished I lived closer to you so you could show me how!

Thank you so much! Here are some more shots for you:

here is the rough draft with pins on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]16846[/ATTACH]

this one has a qtr. on a leaf; most roses are around 2 and 1/4 inch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17235[/ATTACH]

n2scraplvr 11-04-2009 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
Wow! Impressive!

Thank you so mucb Tiffany! Really appreciate your kind words! Yes, the roses are tiny - most of the largest ones are around 2 inches. The smallest rose is 1-1/2 inches. Yes, I dyed the thread! ha! I do everything with paint, acrylics, watercolor pigma pens that artists use. I even used brown magic marker once on old wooden floors! hahaha. It completely covered my repair job with wood putty that no one even knows it was brown magic marker!!! Blended right in with the stain. I have the pigma pens in every color so you can color anything w/them as permanent markers and great for fabric, etc. I had the ribbon all picked out to make this a 3-D mini, but forgot all about it in the end when there was no room left for the bow. So glad you enjoyed my :wink: mini! :wink: :lol: :wink: