Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Easy Way to Peel Boiled Eggs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/easy-way-peel-boiled-eggs-t282060.html)

JuneBillie 09-09-2016 07:20 PM

Easy Way to Peel Boiled Eggs

My dear hubby taught me this very easy and fun way to peel boiled eggs. Now I don't take off half the egg with the shell.

Crack at the ends, then roll the egg between your hands like you would roll play dough. That's it!

:)

lynnie 09-09-2016 07:28 PM

thanks, last time I did hard boiled eggs, it was a disaster. I ended up throwing it all away.

JuneBillie 09-09-2016 07:40 PM

Lynnie I didn't believe it when my hubby told me to do this, but it was like wow. I always did what you said. :p

rjwilder 09-10-2016 04:23 AM

There is an easier way, have him peel them. LOL

tessagin 09-10-2016 04:47 AM

This is how I do it but on the paper towel and do 2 at a time.

maviskw 09-10-2016 05:38 AM

There has been a lot of discussion about peeling hard cooked eggs. (They are not boiled. LOL)
Some say they should be old eggs.
Some say make a pin prick through the shell at one end.
Add vinegar to the water.
Start with cold water.
Add here what you have heard.

Last week I wanted to make Deviled Eggs for a pot luck, so left a dozen eggs sit on the counter for more than a week. (These were very fresh eggs to start with, from my neighbor's chickens.) When I boiled, no, cooked them I added a couple of fresh eggs from the new dozen with pin pricks in one end. I had the pot full of eggs, so I could stand them on end with the pricked end up.

The pricked ones did not peel easier or even easy.
The old ones peeled better, but when eggs sit around like that you need to turn them over each day. That's what mama hen does when she lays her eggs one-a-day until she is ready to sit on them. That keeps the yolk in the center. My yolks were all way off center. Not nice for Deviled Eggs.

I ended up making potato salad with most of those eggs, which was very good. The last six I put into the fridge and am eating them for breakfast each day.

Wonnie 09-10-2016 06:33 AM

Just ran across this...tried it...and...it worked! Cover eggs with cold water. Add 1/2 tsp. salt and 2 Tblsp. vinegar (white or cider...doesn't make a difference)...bring to a boil and let boil one full minute....take off stove and cover with lid...let sit for 20 min....THEN...pour off hot water ...put under the faucet and run cold water on them for at least 3 minutes...crack smaller end first then roll on counter...peel!

Have done this 3 times now and worked perfectly all 3 times.

Good luck!

Lady Diana 09-10-2016 08:28 AM

Take two boiled eggs at a time and place them in a tall glass, fill half way up with cold water. Put one hand over the end of the glass and shake hard over the sink......drain water and pull the eggs out...shells fall off.

mjhaess 09-10-2016 10:53 AM

I use an electric egg cooker..They peel easy every time....

Bjbaxter 09-10-2016 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by mjhaess (Post 7649581)
I use an electric egg cooker..They peel easy every time....

I've never heard of an electric egg cooker, too bad my kitchen storage is so small, or I might try one. My hard cooked eggs are hit and miss for how they peel, but I haven't tried the shake method or the roll method.