Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Shower curtain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/shower-curtain-t285866.html)

Terry in the ADK 02-06-2017 04:51 PM

Shower curtain

On the thread "How long did it take you" Cam's Gram mentioned making a quilted shower curtain. Qhat a great idea. We are remodeling our bathroom and I would love to make a shower curtain. Anyone have any pattern ideas? Suggestions?

himnherr 02-06-2017 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK (Post 7758867)
On the thread "How long did it take you" Cam's Gram mentioned making a quilted shower curtain. Qhat a great idea. We are remodeling our bathroom and I would love to make a shower curtain. Anyone have any pattern ideas? Suggestions?

Here's mine: Carpenters star using batiks

Terry in the ADK 02-06-2017 06:36 PM

Love it,Himnherr. Is it just a flimsy, lined or actually sandwiched....how did you finish it. I plan to use a shower curtain liner of course.

himnherr 02-06-2017 07:00 PM

Thanks! It's not sandwiched with batting. I lined it with muslin and did stitch in the ditch, especially on the vertical lines. I, too, use a shower liner.

Prissnboot 02-07-2017 04:57 AM

I made my shower curtain - 12" blocks 6 columns of 6 rows. I did a raw edge applique of 3 hearts nested in each other, sitting on alternating black with white polka dots, and pink with white polka dots. It's quite colorful. I just used a sheet for the backing, and made buttonholes for the shower rod hooks - make sure you get hooks that will support weight as this will be heavier than the standard curtain normally purchased, along with the liner on the back of it. I like it because if I want to take it down and use as a throw, it's a good size to do that with as well, and the button holes are subtle.

IrishgalfromNJ 02-07-2017 08:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made a big star quilt top with a scrappy border using my stash. I did not put batting in it. I just sewed the backing to it with right sides together, turned it right side out, sewed up the open end, did some stitch in the ditch quilting in a lot of places to keep it together, and added buttonholes for the shower curtain rings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]567717[/ATTACH]

Shoofly1 02-07-2017 10:53 AM

There are easy instructions in "A Thimbleberries Housewarming" book for a nice shower curtain. She uses thin batting or prewashed flannel for the sandwich, and she has tabs at the top versus buttonholes. You would need a separate shower liner. You can buy a used book on Amazon REALLY cheap.

Fabaddict 02-08-2017 05:32 AM

I made one using a turning twenty pattern. and just lined it and use a liner also. lined it with fabric so the seams wouldn't show, but then put the plastic liner on the hooks also so it would hang right, not get wet, etc

Maire 02-08-2017 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Terry in the ADK (Post 7758867)

I made one from a quilt panel fabric, used a light batting & muslin back, had a separate plastic liner. When we moved the shower curtain did not go with new bathroom so I turned it into a carrier for my large mat & portable lightweight table for Stitch Camp. That shower curtain has been in use for 15 years one way or another.

mim 02-09-2017 02:54 PM

I made a shower curtain from sheer fabric I bought in Aruba -- it has the blues and sandy colors of Aruba I think of my holiday there frequently when I shower. I did'tn line it - just added a commerial shower curtain to the back.

Mim