Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What's my line? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/whats-my-line-t298637.html)

Rose_P 08-01-2018 08:46 AM

What's my line?

1 Attachment(s)
A few months ago someone on Nextdoor.com offered "Free!! Lots and lots of quilting pieces!" Needless to say, I jumped on that. It was three under-the-bed size bins full of nice fabric, some of it sewn into partial blocks. I asked her whether she was giving up quilting, and she said no, but she was just reducing some of her excess. I probably should do the same, but there's nothing more inspiring than an infusion of new fabric. In a way it's more inspiring when some of it is fabric I might not have thought to pick. Among them was a whole lot of 3 1/2" hst's from a fabric line that I don't particularly like, but when I started playing with different arrangements I found them a lot more appealing, especially since here they were, neatly sewn and ready to make into something. I've been making a quilt that will be done in a few days, and it's bugging me that I don't know what line this was from. These are some additional pieces. Does anyone recognize it?

EasyPeezy 08-01-2018 09:40 AM

Looks like Minick and Simpson's style. Don't know which collection.

NZquilter 08-01-2018 10:19 AM

I personally don't go for fabric lines. If it looks good together, it's doesn't matter. Honestly, what you have might not be a fabric line exactly, but rather just good color choices and an eye for color.

SusieQOH 08-01-2018 10:40 AM

I don't know but they are such pretty fabrics! Glad you got them.
I never heard of Nextdoor.com. Is it a local thing?

Jingle 08-01-2018 12:30 PM

I don't buy fabric lines. I just try to buy good fabrics and pretty colors.

Kitsie 08-01-2018 01:49 PM

I agree! Mix and match what works!

SillySusan 08-01-2018 01:49 PM

I have several of these fabrics, but I got them from the thrift shop as scraps, so I can't help you. As a matter of fact, several have already ended up in a few quilts I made and donated.

sewbizgirl 08-01-2018 01:56 PM

Possibly French General?

Peckish 08-01-2018 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH (Post 8104018)
I never heard of Nextdoor.com. Is it a local thing?

It's a website (there's also an app available for smart phones) where you can sign up and discuss neighborhood goings-on with your neighbors. When you sign up, you select which neighborhoods/areas you want to be informed about. It's very similar to Facebook and is free.

Pros: Notice of community events, such as farmers markets, construction notifications, job fairs, neighborhood garage sales, a rash of mailbox thefts, items for sale, etc.

Cons: Some people go on rants that I find juvenile and petty. Some people vent about the dumbest things, like a man walking down the street, and the neighbor posting about it found him "suspicious" and wanted everyone to keep an eye out for him.

patricej 08-01-2018 03:45 PM

i don't think they are all from the same line.
i recognize some of them from my stash but am out of town so can't check the selvages.

i think the stars are cranston mills vip (from a bazillion years ago.)
the little red clusters on ivory and blue are moda. i recognize those from a charm pack i had a looooong time ago.

most of the rest look familiar but i can't remember anything about them.