Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Recent finishes of UFOs or made as a gift (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/recent-finishes-ufos-made-gift-t300906.html)

AlvaStitcher 11-14-2018 06:20 AM

Recent finishes of UFOs or made as a gift

8 Attachment(s)
This first quilt was done as a part of BOM in 2009. The blocks were made and put away. Just pulled them out and got it put together and quilted.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604005[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]604006[/ATTACH]
The next quilt was using blocks that were part of an online forum from years ago to exchange autumn inspired blocks. The blocks are from 2009.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604010[/ATTACH]The Sunbonnet Sue quilt was a birthday block exchange from years ago. One of my favorite blocks is Sunbonnet Sue and this is the block I requested from the members of the exchange. I made the Sunbonnet Sue and Suspender Sam twins but the rest were made by others.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604012[/ATTACH]
This quilt was made as a wedding gift for a young couple married the end of October. Sorry but I didn’t get a picture of it quilted. I used a lot of straight line quilting on it. SITD around the patchwork squares. My quilting lines are seen as blue marker lines
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604011[/ATTACH]

This quilt is called French Rose I believe. It has raw edges and I call it my Happy Quilt.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]604008[/ATTACH]
Sorry for the long post. I have been so happy in the sewing room lately and especially like the fact that some of these old UFOs are getting done. I did a lot of block exchanges in 2009 which is when most of these are from. Thanks for looking.

AlvaStitcher 11-14-2018 06:24 AM

Sorry for the ones added at the end. The next to the last one is a Bonnie Hunter design. The sideways SBS is in error.

LindaMRB 11-14-2018 06:35 AM

You've really done some NICE work here! I especially like the first one with houses and "barn quilts". What a lot of work that must have been (all of these, really.)

charismah 11-14-2018 06:36 AM

Awesome! Your projects all look great! I tend to let things stack up and then go through a finishing sprint as well. :) So I totally understand.

annievee 11-14-2018 06:37 AM

So nice, all of them, know you are proud to be finished

KwiltyKahy 11-14-2018 06:59 AM

Wow, you have been busy. (Is that what I am supposed to do with my UFO"S? LOL)

bjgallent 11-14-2018 07:37 AM

Isn't it fun to have the UFO's finished. Great job on all of them.

BSKTLOFR-QUILTER 11-14-2018 07:41 AM

All are wonderful. The Barn Quilt Houses are unusual. I'm envious I didn't have the opportunity to participate in this unique BOM. Would love to have a lap quilt like that. Poor Sam in the middle of all of those Sunbonnet Sues. That is a cute rendition of this pattern. You have some really exceptional quilts to show off with pride.

Tartan 11-14-2018 07:59 AM

Congratulations on conquering your UFOs! Great quilt tops that needed to be finished to be appreciated!

MicheleC 11-14-2018 08:07 AM

All are beautiful!! 👍