Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Question for those who use Warm & Natural batting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/question-those-who-use-warm-natural-batting-t303409.html)

EasyPeezy 03-05-2019 01:27 PM

Question for those who use Warm & Natural batting

Have you ever used W&N for a quilt with light color background?
Not solid white but cream for example. I bought quite a few W&N
battings way back when but find myself making more quilts with light or
white background so have been using more Warm & White.
Would like to use some of the W&Natural whenever possible.
Right now I have a quilt top with cream background with little
stars. What do you think?

Forgot to mention that the stars are more or less tone on tone.

cashs_mom 03-05-2019 01:51 PM

I used W&N on a quilt with scrappy creams/whites as the background of the blocks. It worked fine. I also used it on a wall hanging with a white background with no problem. Unless you absolutely have to have a white white background I can see a problem. You can always take some scraps and make a sandwich and try it out.

Sephie 03-05-2019 01:55 PM

I pretty much only use Warm Company products (Warm and Plush is so awesome) and have never had a problem with using it on a white quilt. I've never used Warm and White, haha, so I guess I am clearly not bothered by using the Natural or Plush with the whites :) No one has ever commented that the whites don't seem as white, so I guess the recipients are happy too.

toverly 03-05-2019 02:25 PM

I use warm and white exclusively but, I would not hesitate to use warm and natural if it is on sale or what I had on hand. I think the white of warm and white helps to hide the seams on a thinner white fabric.

EasyPeezy 03-05-2019 02:54 PM

Thank you, ladies. I guess I will go ahead with the W&N. Nice to use
that old stock. :)

recycler 03-05-2019 03:47 PM

I also use the Warm and Natural with white backgrounds with no problem!

Jordan 03-05-2019 04:31 PM

I use cream W&N all the time and have no problems with white background fabrics.

WMUTeach 03-06-2019 03:49 AM

I use Warm and Natural for all my quilts! It is my favorite. I know other use other brands but for me, W & N does the trick. I have used it on quilts with white backgrounds and even white backing. Not a problem at all.

eparys 03-06-2019 04:31 AM

I use the cream W&N for just about everything. Lay out you quilt on the cream and see how you feel about it.

TAMARATJO 03-06-2019 07:23 AM

I use Warm and Natural on most of my quilts. If I have a quilt with a white background I do use the Warm and White. I think it keeps the white looking whiter. I have not used any black batting, even for a quilt with black background. I have a package of Warm and Plush I am scared to use. I quilt on my DM and I am a little worried about the extra loft. Any comments on using black batting? Or problems quilting with the plush batting?