Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Need help with continuous echoing...if possible. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/need-help-continuous-echoing-if-possible-t307192.html)

littledentist 09-29-2019 09:06 PM

Need help with continuous echoing...if possible.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone. I outlined all the facets on this diamond panel. I wanted to echo all the facets, but it was too time consuming to keep starting and stopping. I have since decided to roll with it and try to do it continuously by starting at one of the points, echo the facet, and then veer off to another point in another facet to start echoing again. However, the result looks pretty wonky and haphazard, if you will. I'm not sure how to perfect this. Any suggestions or thoughts?? What would Angela Walters do? lol. All thoughts welcome. Thank you!

Irishrose2 09-29-2019 09:15 PM

Angela Walters would call it 'traveling' and do just as you have done. It looks good to me. I first saw the echos and had to look for the travels.

littledentist 09-29-2019 09:36 PM

Maybe I just see all my mistakes but I see this normal, nice echoing and then this seemingly out of nowhere line barging straight through it on it's way to another facet and I just think it looks odd. I need practice in general but I'd just love to know what everyone else would do differently.

Bobbinalong 09-30-2019 12:32 AM

Before I had finished reading your post I thought 'well, I'd just cross over, with a sharp angle, to the next shape.' You know what they say; make an error once, it's a mistake, do it again and it's a design feature. :D

QuiltnNan 09-30-2019 02:43 AM

I think it looks great from here

ktbb 09-30-2019 03:01 AM

I think it looks great as-is. If you want to try another way, do your "spiral" with spacing wide enough to stitch back between the lines - work in to the center then pivot/change direction and come back out by stitching between the previous lines - this will bring you back to the edge of the area near your starting point and you can travel along the seam or over a previous stitching line.

rjwilder 09-30-2019 03:33 AM

It looks great just as it is, traveling is ok, lines are straight.

bj 09-30-2019 05:06 AM

I like it! You’ve done a nice job keeping lines straight and even.

my-ty 09-30-2019 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by ktbb (Post 8307714)
I think it looks great as-is. If you want to try another way, do your "spiral" with spacing wide enough to stitch back between the lines - work in to the center then pivot/change direction and come back out by stitching between the previous lines - this will bring you back to the edge of the area near your starting point and you can travel along the seam or over a previous stitching line.

I like this solution.

juliasb 09-30-2019 06:16 AM

It looks good to me. Like any quilter you see blemishes that no one else would see. they aren't really blemishes but beauty marks.. Keep up the good work!