Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sliders (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sliders-t314382.html)

angelahen 02-20-2021 01:10 PM

Sliders

Hi, I am looking at the sew steady slider and the supreme slider. The cost is quite different. Is there any difference? Are they really better than oven Teflon sheets or snow mats? TIA xx

Stitchnripper 02-20-2021 03:20 PM

No difference to me. I have a supreme slider and a snow mat. I don't use either one of them after trying both. I also don't spray my machine with silicone.

Tartan 02-20-2021 04:43 PM

Do you have a good surround for your machine? My Bernina has a good size acrylic surround table and it is sufficient for me. I think the supreme slider has a kind of sticky back that helps it stay in place?

SusieQOH 02-20-2021 04:45 PM

I've used them all (all that you mentioned) and love the Supreme Slider. I know it's pricey but it's worth it to me. I do so much better with it.

angelahen 02-21-2021 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8462623)
Do you have a good surround for your machine? My Bernina has a good size acrylic surround table and it is sufficient for me. I think the supreme slider has a kind of sticky back that helps it stay in place?

Tartan, I have a Bernina 440qe with the big acrylic table. I am trying to quilt with rulers and a supreme slider was recommended. I have read such a lot of varying reviews.

Tartan 02-21-2021 05:33 AM

I don’t have a supreme slider but I find having Machinger gloves or similar to grip the ruler and quilt help, to move the sandwich. Also make sure your sandwich is all up on your table so there is no drag. Having the sticky tape on the bottom of the rulers helps as well. It would be nice if you could try out the supreme slider before buying to see if it helps but some really like them.

P-BurgKay 02-21-2021 07:28 AM

I have all of the above and I find that the oven teflon mat is the best. You do have to tape it down.

Onebyone 02-21-2021 10:33 AM

I have the Supreme Slider and I like it. I bought another one to custom cut to fit what I'm sewing, I cut the hole to fit the feed dogs. I cut it in half or even fourths for piecing It helps when I'm sewing blocks together. The seams don't flip on me.

Jingle 02-21-2021 04:19 PM

I have the supreme slider, bought years ago. I used it a few times and don't like it. After quilting several hundred quilts I haven't any problems.

clwetzel 02-22-2021 06:47 AM

I use a Sew Slip mat. If I forget to put it on my machine when I start quilting, I notice it right away because the quilt doesn't move as easily. When the sticky side starts to peel up, I just rinse it with water, hang it to dry, and it's ready to go again. At the time that I bought it, it was significantly cheaper than the Supreme Slider. I have tried the oven liner and the flexible sled and neither of them worked as well for me as my Sew Slip mat.