Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finished another old quilt top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-another-old-quilt-top-t321038.html)

oldquilter 06-29-2023 02:01 PM

Finished another old quilt top

1 Attachment(s)
I was given several old quilt tops, bunches of pieced squares..slowly trying to finish them..this reminds me of a spider web

toogie 06-29-2023 04:24 PM

I have a few large octagon shaped blocks and thought about setting them like this, if I decided to do enough for a quilt. You said these were given to you. We’re they given to you to finish for them or do you get to keep them? I’m on my phone looking so I can’t tell if you hand quilted or machine quilted. I’m glad you finished it and showed us, I hope to see more.

oldquilter 06-29-2023 04:29 PM

Oh, they are mine to keep..and I quilted by machine..they deserved to be hand quilted but I’ve pretty much worn my thumbs out..I used a specialty stitch that mimics hand quilting

cathyvv 06-29-2023 05:23 PM

Love it! Lucky you and lucky whoever you give it to.

Tartan 06-29-2023 06:27 PM

Nicely finished!

tallchick 06-30-2023 01:07 AM

What a wonderful quilt!

WMUTeach 06-30-2023 02:54 AM

Yes, indeed it does look like a spider web. I made one once or should I say I tried one. I used triangular papers from MSQ and attempting to make a dent in my scraps. All I ended up doing was wasting time. After letting it sit and stew for a few years, like 8 or 9 of them, I bundled it up and sent it off to my local Goodwill shop. I hated the look of the thing. Yes, I put all of those pieced blocks on the wall and, despised what I saw. Since then I have learned a few things about quilting, piecing and scrap quilts in particular. I might try it again but then, why would I make spiderwebs when I spend time sweeping them out of my home. Tee-Hee-Hee. Enjoy your quilt and three cheers for finishing someone else's start.

ptquilts 06-30-2023 02:59 AM

Yep, I have made a couple of Spider Web quilts. Fun way to use up strips, that isn't a Log Cabin.

lindaschipper 06-30-2023 03:39 AM

Super nice. I've always wanted to do a Halloween quilt like this. Have all the fabric, it's just something I never get around to doing.

QuiltMom2 06-30-2023 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach (Post 8607428)
Yes, indeed it does look like a spider web. I made one once or should I say I tried one. I used triangular papers from MSQ and attempting to make a dent in my scraps. All I ended up doing was wasting time. After letting it sit and stew for a few years, like 8 or 9 of them, I bundled it up and sent it off to my local Goodwill shop. I hated the look of the thing. Yes, I put all of those pieced blocks on the wall and, despised what I saw. Since then I have learned a few things about quilting, piecing and scrap quilts in particular. I might try it again but then, why would I make spiderwebs when I spend time sweeping them out of my home. Tee-Hee-Hee. Enjoy your quilt and three cheers for finishing someone else's start.

I've got a project or two that I also just "ended up wasting time!" One recently went in the trash bin.
Just wanted to say nice job on the spider web quilt.