Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Nouveau Bargello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/nouveau-bargello-t321167.html)

sschick 07-21-2023 01:57 PM

Nouveau Bargello

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all. Another finish for me. The pattern is called Nouveau Bargello from a Fons and Porter quilt book. It is made with mostly fat quarters. I had a surprise pack of them from Keepsake Quilts and was lucky enough that the outer border fabric and backing were still available. This was also my first attempt at making a miter border. I'm not too thrilled with the way it came out on one end. My rows were not even what so ever and I had to trim quite a bit. I believe it was caused by a bad pressing technique so I am going to try it again using some of my stash with a better attempt at pressing. Anyway, pictures attached. The light is not too good, but I think it shows the colors ok. Oh, by the way, it is a wall hanging that I just finished tonight.

Barb in Louisiana 07-21-2023 05:19 PM

Love your colors! I think it turned out very pretty. I haven't tried a bargello yet. One of these days....

tallchick 07-22-2023 01:20 AM

Fabulous finish, congratulation's! I have not tackled a Bargello yet, I really love the colors, they look like the Stonehenge line.

sschick 07-22-2023 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by tallchick (Post 8610090)
Fabulous finish, congratulation's! I have not tackled a Bargello yet, I really love the colors, they look like the Stonehenge line.

Yes, they are from that line. There are some very pretty colors in it. I think my favorite are the dark blue and the lilac I used for the binding and backing.

Karamarie 07-22-2023 04:59 AM

WOW, that is beautiful.

materialworld 07-22-2023 06:27 PM

Great colors for your bargello. Nice work!

Sync 07-23-2023 01:49 PM

Looks fabulous.

audsgirl 07-25-2023 08:24 PM

It looks lovely, sschick! I really like the colors, and your piecing is wonderful.

Leslie

feline fanatic 07-26-2023 04:04 PM

I love the colors. A bargello out of FQ is a new one to me. It came out great and you certainly can't tell from the pics the amount of trouble it gave you. I recently finished my first bargello top, it is on the frame now for quilting. One thing that helped me keep my rows straight and lined up was a tiny dot of elmer's washable school glue at each intersection before I sewed the strip sets together. It only took a minute and I heat set with a hot dry iron. I was able to whiz them right through the machine. I got no bowing at all which can be a common problem with them. Every intersection lined up perfect and it was perfectly square at the end, no trimming. If you decide to make another bargello, I highly recommend the elmer's washable school glue.

SusieQOH 07-29-2023 11:12 AM

Lovely! I really like the muted effect, I hope that's the correct term, anyway, I love it. Great job.