Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   April OR/WA Quilter's Open House (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/april-wa-quilters-open-house-t37936.html)

Sparky 02-25-2010 10:49 AM

We had so much fun meeting in February, we wanted to continue. We will move around to different locations each time. We thought meeting every two months would be a good plan. I volunteered to hold the meeting at my home in Salem OR in March. I would like to invite all interested quilters to my home Sunday, March 28 from 1-4 pm or any part of that time period you are available.
Many brought items to share which was very fun and a good way to get to know another quilter. We all may have different styles we favor, but we all love color, texture, fabric and pattern. We exchanged a fat quarter which we could continue to do.
I was so taken by the blocks wine women was making and receiving in her exchange program, I started thinking, we might want to each donate a block and make a quilt. Perhaps using red white and blue and donate it to a Soldier of Valor.
http://www.qovf.org/index.php?option...age&Itemid=149
Please share this invitations with as many board members as you can. PM me to RSVP and get directions.
Looking forward to another great gathering. Deb (Sparky)

sew cornie 02-25-2010 03:01 PM

Hi Sparky! Thanks for offering to host this one. I'll RSVP tentatively as we still need to finalize our spring break plans. I think donating a block for Quilts of Valor is a wonderful idea. I'm a military brat and would be so honored to participate in this. If it turns out that I can't make the open house, I'd like to mail you a block anyway.

Sparky 02-25-2010 07:07 PM

THE THREAD TITLE IS WRONG!! Sorry I meant March. That gives a month.

Oklahoma Suzie 02-26-2010 01:53 AM

wish I could go, but too far

ladygen 02-26-2010 12:28 PM

Ah! D*mn it! I don't think I'll be able to make it to this one, either. :( There is something going on with my husband (military, top secret kind of something) very close to this date that will keep me from attending.

Any chance it could be postponed a week? That would be PERFECT! (No, don't change the date just for me, I just wish I coud go!)

dunster 02-26-2010 03:05 PM

Looking forward to it, especially since it's close to me this time. I enjoyed meeting ladygen, wine woman, and mistiliz yesterday at the Puyallup Sewing and Stitchery Expo - hope you can all come to Sparky's for the get together.

Sparky 03-01-2010 07:04 PM

I'm trying to keep track of those who are able to come March 28th. This is who I have so far.
Dunster
yourstrulyquilts
Feathers
sew cornie
Bstanbro
2 Doods
ORSunshineQuilter

Have I missed anyone? If you are still thinking about it, I hope you decide to make the trek! Let me know and let others know as unfortunately this thread never got much of a spotlight.

ladygen 03-02-2010 07:39 AM

Okay, Sparky. I'm going to try.

I really *really* want to make it out there, and technically there's nothing stopping me, except the events of the day before.

Put me as a hopeful and tentative yes.

omak 03-02-2010 08:56 AM

I can't join you, but I see that you would like to be able to donate a quilt to QOV ... have you considered fabric Bingo? 2.5" squares, five lines, yellow in one, red in one, blue in one, green in the fourth, and in the third position, pink and purple with a black square right in the middle.
Just a thought. Keep me in mind for the next one, eh? <wave>

dunster 03-02-2010 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by omak
I can't join you, but I see that you would like to be able to donate a quilt to QOV ... have you considered fabric Bingo? 2.5" squares, five lines, yellow in one, red in one, blue in one, green in the fourth, and in the third position, pink and purple with a black square right in the middle.
Just a thought. Keep me in mind for the next one, eh? <wave>

What a coincidence - we just played this at the last guild meeting in Salem.