Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "Roadside Poppies," Two Medallion Minis (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22roadside-poppies-%22-two-medallion-minis-t38049.html)

n2scraplvr 02-26-2010 05:47 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I found some printed panels in the stash and decided to put them to good use as the centerpiece of my two medallion minis. Started both of them two days ago and finished the smallest one today. I will be HQ the largest one also and drawing flowers on the borders of that quilt. Haven't decided what the medium will be yet for the flowers (pencil, oil or fabric paints or pen and ink and watercolors) but will let you see it when I finish. The blocks finish at 1" on both I believe. Medallion #1 is 18x19 and Medallion #2 is 8x10. It was easy as I used leftover presewn pairs of blocks from some other project for the first one and then used those leftovers for the second one! Hope you enjoy my medallion minis!

Medallion #1 Roadside Poppies
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22159[/ATTACH]

Medallion #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22242[/ATTACH]

back of #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22243[/ATTACH]

see HQing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22244[/ATTACH]

scale
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22245[/ATTACH]

up close
[ATTACH=CONFIG]22270[/ATTACH]

tlrnhi 02-26-2010 05:49 PM

Those are cute!

n2scraplvr 02-26-2010 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Those are cute!

Thank you, tirnhi!! :D

bopeep 02-26-2010 05:55 PM

WOW...
I LOVE THOSE...
bopeep

littlehud 02-26-2010 05:56 PM

Those are so cute. I'm in love with the first one. Great job.

Sheila Elaine 02-26-2010 06:01 PM

Great work & creativity. Are they for you, or someone else? They will look great hanging on a wall & I know you're proud of them.

n2scraplvr 02-26-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by bopeep
WOW...
I LOVE THOSE...
bopeep

Thank you, bopeep!! Love your signature, too!! What a scripture!!

:-D :-D

sylvia77 02-26-2010 06:09 PM

These are just adorable. I want to make a poppy wallhanging for a friend who loves flowers and now I know what I could do, thanks for sharing!

n2scraplvr 02-26-2010 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
Those are so cute. I'm in love with the first one. Great job.

Thank you, littlehud! I love that first one too and can't wait to finish it! Thank you!

:D :D

n2scraplvr 02-26-2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sheila Elaine
Great work & creativity. Are they for you, or someone else? They will look great hanging on a wall & I know you're proud of them.

Thank you, Sheila Elaine, so much for your kind words!! Omigosh, no, they're not for me! Must sell some of this stuff (haha). I had the idea of making a matching pincushion to go with the largest mini that could be sold as a gift to a quilting friend, etc. Both of these will be put up for sale. Found some more panels to be made up into little gift types to be sold. Things that I inherited I am making use of them in cute little ways like this. I think they would look great hanging anywhere! They are old panels and printed on linen. :D :D