Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Field of Diamonds (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/field-diamonds-t38686.html)

danmar 03-05-2010 11:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody! To save all of you that are interested in the pattern for the Field of Diamonds quilt from having to figure out the sizes like I did, I'm posting my pattern for it. These are for 9" blocks. I didn't recopy mine that I had to change so it's not as neat as it should be. Sorry! :oops:

Hope this will help everybody who wants it.
Thanks alot for all of the interest in my quilts!!!
Marilyn

The 8 Point Star Block 9 Inch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30431[/ATTACH]

The Square In A Square Block 9 Inch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]30432[/ATTACH]

amma 03-05-2010 11:26 AM

Thank you for sharing these with us :D:D:D

dakotamaid 03-05-2010 12:09 PM

Thank you for sharing this pattern. I had actually bookmarked it so I could figure it out later. :-D

danmar 03-05-2010 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
Thank you for sharing this pattern. I had actually bookmarked it so I could figure it out later. :-D

Thank you and if I get time later, I'll write up the pattern better and post it.

k3n 03-06-2010 02:46 AM

Thanks so much for sharing these!

danmar 03-06-2010 03:45 AM

Thank you everybody. I need to make the Cutting instructions clearer and the whole pattern actually. I write these patterns out and I know what I'm talking about, but I'm not sure that everyone else can understand them. Plus, I haven't been quilting long enough to get things done the right way yet. I just noticed last night, while using my own pattern, that I messed up.

On the SIAS block, on the Green Corners I put cut in 1/2.
So, dummy me did just that. Mistake! I should of sewn the green and white squares together FIRST, then cut them in 1/2
so I didn't have to cut on the bias! I didn't cut my white squares in 1/2 but now I have to! Please don't make this mistake. It's alot easier to do it the other way.

Also on the 8 Point Star pattern, under "Blues", it said
3 1/4", marked out and 3"? wrote. I cut all mine 3 1/4". I was trimming off alot when I squared them up so I was going to try cutting one 3" next time and see if that would be big enough. I haven't done that yet though! Do not cut yours at 3" until you try one to see if that is big enough!!!

I am rewriting the pattern now and it should make it clearer. If you are making one of these blocks, I'd wait until I re-post it. It shouldn't be very long, I'm already started on it.

Hope this makes things a little clearer than mud.
Marilyn

danmar 03-06-2010 04:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright! Here is the revised pattern. Again, I sincerely apologize for posting the original one. It won't happen again. Thanks for your patience.
Marilyn

New Revised Square in a Square Pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8[/ATTACH]

danmar 03-06-2010 04:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Alright! I got it done. Here is the new pattern for the 8 Point Star. Again, sorry about the last one.
Marilyn

New Revised 8 Point Star Pattern
[ATTACH=CONFIG]176[/ATTACH]

k3n 03-06-2010 05:10 AM

Very clear! Thank you!

Rebecca VLQ 12-14-2010 05:36 AM

OOooo! I'm gonna have to try this one!!