Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Links and Resources (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/)
-   -   Zincks fabric outlet Berlin OH (https://www.quiltingboard.com/links-resources-f4/zincks-fabric-outlet-berlin-oh-t63814.html)

earlylace 09-09-2010 02:56 AM

wow, wanted to share this great find! In the heart of amish country, Berlin Ohio, located on 4588 SR 39, front of the flea market building-thousands of yards of fabric, its a huge place! open year round, closed Thanksgiving & christmas. Hours. M-s closed Sundays. ph. 330-893-7225
prices ranged from 2.99 & up, better quailty around 4.99, I went crazy! Lace oh, also notions and batting!

earlylace 09-09-2010 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by earlylace
wow, wanted to share this great find! In the heart of amish country, Berlin Ohio, located on 4588 SR 39, front of the flea market building-thousands of yards of fabric, its a huge place! open year round, closed Thanksgiving & christmas. Hours. M-s closed Sundays. ph. 330-893-7225
prices ranged from 2.99 & up, better quailty around 4.99, I went crazy! Lace oh, also notions and batting!

the hours are 8-5pm

Vi ODEll 09-09-2010 04:14 AM

I live near Berlin and go there often. I can always find a good buy. They have bins of cuts that are 99c a yard but even the best fabrics are cheaper than any where else. A lot of their fabrics are plain because they have a large amount of Amish customers but there is something for everyone there and their sales staff is always very polite and eager to help you find what you are looking for.

earlylace 09-10-2010 04:25 AM

we were very impressed, there were plenty of calico's to choose from, my hubby picked out all the fabric to make a king size quilt for our bed, beautiful colors in tans and greens. yes, the folks there are very nice, they asked us where we were from, we told them NJ, and then he told us that they have an outlet in Lancaster, that's only 1 1/2 hr drive for us, Belin is 6 1/2 drive!

Originally Posted by Vi ODEll
I live near Berlin and go there often. I can always find a good buy. They have bins of cuts that are 99c a yard but even the best fabrics are cheaper than any where else. A lot of their fabrics are plain because they have a large amount of Amish customers but there is something for everyone there and their sales staff is always very polite and eager to help you find what you are looking for.

trisha 09-10-2010 07:41 PM

I love all the quilt shops in Berlin and
Charm. The only problem I ever had with Zincs was the batting I bought. Broke 8 quilting needles before I realized that the Amish do all their quilting by hand, and this batting was too rough for the size machine needle I was using. Otherwise, always spend a fortune there. Love it!!

chercher50 10-21-2010 04:20 PM

going there myself on mon...was hoping they were open on mons (some of the amish shops arnt open on mons.)so after reading your entry i can rest assured i will be able to shop for fabric--got my coupon printed out and ready !!! :)