Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "Grape Expectations" OBW (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22grape-expectations%22-obw-t69503.html)

k3n 10-11-2010 12:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hello everyone, here's my latest. The fabric didn't have that much variation, I added a couple of cubes and did a four strip stack n whack in the borders to add interest. I really enjoyed quilting this one though - I free motioned the leaves and curling tendrils thoughout the body of the quilt then the trailing vine round the border with the grapes (just a variation of pebbling) in the corners of the black sections.

For the OBW afficionados who like to know the technical details, the fabric was only a 12" repeat so took two yards of fabric for the centre section and another yard and a third for the four strip blocks in the border. There were lots of these left so I made another small wallhanging with them but it's not quilted yet. This quilt is 54" x 45".

I haven't got any of the original fabric left and I forgot to take a picture of it sadly. I think it was a Timeless Treasures. I wish I had another half yard to make a matching tote, so if anyone knows where I can get some... The UK supplier doesn't have any more. :-( :-D

sewnbyme4u 10-11-2010 12:52 AM

Simply Stunning.....the cubes really POP....

CoventryUK 10-11-2010 01:23 AM

Absolutely fabulous!!! Have just ordered the books to "have a go"!!! You and Katrine keep assuring us they are easier than they look!! I.m beginning to believe you!!!! Watch this space!!

Katrine 10-11-2010 01:32 AM

Fantastic Kathryn! Beautiful fmq and the borders are superb. It's very dramatic, the colour mix is great.

leatheflea 10-11-2010 01:33 AM

Wow thats amazing, just lovely!

Katrine 10-11-2010 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Absolutely fabulous!!! Have just ordered the books to "have a go"!!! You and Katrine keep assuring us they are easier than they look!! I.m beginning to believe you!!!! Watch this space!!

Yeah! Another one drawn in................. :lol: :mrgreen:
You will have fun Hilary.

k3n 10-11-2010 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK

Excellent! The more of these I make, the more I love them. To me now the fun is coming up with ways to embellish them, the actual OBW element is just the start of a whole heap of fun! :-D I have two waiting to be quilted but I am going to cut another one this morning anyway! I had a hard time chosing which one of my OBW fabrics to chose - but inspired by Katrine's black and white I'm going for a monochromatic shades of purple fabric. :-D

SueDor 10-11-2010 02:02 AM

Great job in the quilt and quilting!

kriscraft99 10-11-2010 02:04 AM

oh wow!! absolutely gorgeous

mygirl66 10-11-2010 03:22 AM

Beautiful!