Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Recipes (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/)
-   -   Good Strawberry Dessert (One of My Family's Favorite Dessert) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/recipes-f8/good-strawberry-dessert-one-my-familys-favorite-dessert-t70719.html)

craftybear 10-17-2010 01:32 PM

1 can strawberry pie filling
1 can eagle brand milk
1 (No.2) can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 large container of Cool Whip

Mix all together and freeze in pan 9 x 13 or dish. This does not have to be frozen.

You can use it unfrozen - real good that way. Also can use other pie fillings. Cherry is also good.

amma 10-17-2010 01:45 PM

Thank you , it sounds yummy :D:D:D

CarrieAnne 10-17-2010 01:46 PM

Thank you, it sounds really good!

gmaybee 10-17-2010 03:23 PM

I've had this with the Cherry. Never thought to use other flavors of pie filling.

craftybear 10-17-2010 06:26 PM

yes, please try the other pie fillings

Originally Posted by gmaybee
I've had this with the Cherry. Never thought to use other flavors of pie filling.

littlehud 10-17-2010 08:59 PM

Sounds good. I'll have to try that.

rndelling 10-18-2010 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
1 can strawberry pie filling
1 can eagle brand milk
1 (No.2) can crushed pineapple (drained)
1 large container of Cool Whip

Mix all together and freeze in pan 9 x 13 or dish. This does not have to be frozen.

You can use it unfrozen - real good that way. Also can use other pie fillings. Cherry is also good.

I make this with Cherry pie filling as well as an 8 oz carton of sour cream and some chopped nuts.
When planning a holiday meal my kids always ask if I'm going to make the pink stuff. They love it.

clem55 10-18-2010 07:08 AM

Walnut Delight.. 1 9 oz cool-whip, thawed if frozen, 1 medium size can of crushed pineapple, 1-8oz cream cheese, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup walnut pieces. Drain pineapple juice into bowl, add cheese, mix with mixer until fluffy, fold in nuts, coconut and pineapple. This keeps really good in the refrig, just give a little stir if it starts separating. I serve it as a salad type dish at Thanksgiving, but it is good enough to use as dessert. This is one of my "have to haves". At times I have added some chopped marachino cherries to it. Don't worry if it looks a little thin at first, but don't overstir, just enough to mix well. It sets up wehen back in the refrig.

rndelling 10-18-2010 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by clem55
Walnut Delight.. 1 9 oz cool-whip, thawed if frozen, 1 medium size can of crushed pineapple, 1-8oz cream cheese, 1 cup coconut, 1 cup walnut pieces. Drain pineapple juice into bowl, add cheese, mix with mixer until fluffy, fold in nuts, coconut and pineapple. This keeps really good in the refrig, just give a little stir if it starts separating. I serve it as a salad type dish at Thanksgiving, but it is good enough to use as dessert. This is one of my "have to haves". At times I have added some chopped marachino cherries to it. Don't worry if it looks a little thin at first, but don't overstir, just enough to mix well. It sets up wehen back in the refrig.

I forgot to mention the cream cheese. I use that too. Haven't tried adding coconut. I'd like it but DH wouldn't.

blackbearbetty 10-18-2010 09:51 AM

could you put it on a graham cracker crust?