Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/)
-   -   What do you do for a living? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/general-chit-chat-non-quilting-talk-f7/what-do-you-do-living-t79934.html)

thelondonzoo 12-01-2010 11:13 AM

I run a daycare from my home. I care for 10 children. I'm also a college student. I'm studying to become a historian and I one day want to teach college-level women's history classes.

So what do you do with yourself all day?

Murphy 12-01-2010 11:14 AM

I recruit, retain, and graduate graduate students.

thelondonzoo 12-01-2010 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Murphy
I recruit, retain, and graduate graduate students.

You wanna recruit me? ;) lol

mommamac 12-01-2010 11:17 AM

I'm in my second year of retirement after teaching grades 1 & 2 for 37 years. Love living 7 day weekends! I belong to 2 quilt groups, volunteer at local library, help my husband restore his family home (on an as needed basis). Also love to knit & read. And of course spend too much time on this site!!

Jim's Gem 12-01-2010 11:18 AM

I work for an Accountant. I do Bookkeeping, Payroll, a lot of data input and answer the phones and greet people coming in the door (with a smile, no less). It's just a husband/wife team of CPA's and me. I have cut my hours back to 3 days a week working 18 hours (my choice) I will increase my hours quite a bit during tax season.

dutchie 12-01-2010 11:23 AM

I'm retired from years with the University of California, Riverside and Apple Valley Unified School District where I worked as an administrative assistant and executive secretary. I retired in 1995 and have been making and selling jewelry ever since. Quilting is a rediscovered passion for me. Now I do both.

redvette54 12-01-2010 11:26 AM

Pet Groomer, I've worked at the same salon for 26 years, but my goal for 2011 is to work out of my shop at home and give up the commute of nearly 60 miles a day

emptyshellamy 12-01-2010 11:26 AM

I'm trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up, lol...no really. I spent 12+ yrs as a stay-at-home-mom. Then I did a few (lousy) temp jobs, worked for 2 sewing companies (ever sew the same boring thing 10 hrs a day?) and now I work for myself part-time, sewing for a new startup company out of the house. I've also had a small home biz (sewing/craft related) for over 12 yrs but I'm not doing it right now.

Quilting Di 12-01-2010 11:28 AM

Spent 25 years in real estate appraising. Three years ago my boss retired & sold the business. I had also filled in part time doing insurance billing for a business across the hall from us. After being unemployed for 8 months, a year ago, I went to work full time for the audiologist doing the billing as well as running the office. I'm still at least 10 years from retirement, if I ever get to retire.

isnthatodd 12-01-2010 11:30 AM

I teach 5th grade special ed by day and college remedial math by night. Looking forward to May 27, 2011, when I will join the ranks of the retired (happy dance) :lol: