Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   11 quilts in 21 days What I have been doing lately. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/11-quilts-21-days-what-i-have-been-doing-lately-t83098.html)

Jim's Gem 12-15-2010 04:53 PM

16 Attachment(s)
As some of you know I am a MOPS Mentor Mom at our church. Well, our MOPS coordinator decided to hold a "fundraiser" for MOPS by having a "boutique" I did not sign up right away because my daughter #3 got married on the 30th of October. So.... about Thanksgiving time I asked my DH and he said "sure" if you want to make a few things. So..... I whipped up 11 quilts in 3 weeks time. I made 6 baby size, similar to the "Downey" quilts and 5 larger, lap size quilts using the warm wishes pattern. They are both really easy patterns and I can whip them up quickly. All the fabrics were pulled directly from my stash.

And the result.......... Hardly anyone came to the boutique, which I kinda had a feeling would happen..... and I didn't sell anything but a couple of old craft items that I dug out of the garage.

thepolyparrot 12-15-2010 05:09 PM

Unbelieveable! I can't manage a single quilt in three weeks, much less eleven - and they're all very nice, too! :)

I especially like the second one down - the purple and aqua. You sure are accomplished!

willferg 12-15-2010 05:14 PM

I love Warm Wishes and all of yours are just gorgeous -- great fabric choices!

Maybe you can sell some on Craigslist for extra spending money or give some to Project Linus or some other charity...like a local group collecting for needy families?

Laurie

Jim's Gem 12-15-2010 05:14 PM

Thank you poly, I do work outside the home 20 hours a week and have several commitments with the church each week. But my kids are all grown and even though I had them coming and going I got a lot done. I like to cut out 3-4 at a time and do a lot of chain piecing. They really didn't take all that long to make. I had ordered a new 40 yard bolt of Warm and Natural before Thanksgiving and thank goodness it came in quickly because I needed to break into it for the last 3 quilts.

tweetee 12-15-2010 05:15 PM

WOW what lovely quilts!!!!! Well done you must be very proud

Cookie46 12-15-2010 05:17 PM

Wonderful quilts. Great work.

Jim's Gem 12-15-2010 05:17 PM

willferg.
I know that one of them is going to a friend who is having a double mastectomy in January. I may save one or two of the baby quilts for friends of my kid's that are having babies. I will probably donate several of them to my guild for the charities that we support. I was at a guild meeting yesterday and we gave over 300 quilts away (we do this twice a year) to various charities and seeing the "Parade of quilts" being given away has again made me want to donate more.
I have barely considered selling on etsy. Maybe here too, but then again, maybe I will just give them all away!!!

M. Wills 12-15-2010 05:20 PM

Your quilts are really beautiful. Love the colours.

Colorful Quilter 12-15-2010 05:56 PM

What a wonderful job you did, My favorite would be the one with the dogs, love the bright colors...You should be sooo proud, happy quilting

Jingle 12-15-2010 05:59 PM

Beautiful quilts, I wish I could make 11 quilts in 3 weeks. I have 2 finished, trying to get good pics and have been working on another since Saturday, the 2 were easy but, the one I'm working on now is more complicated, seems the more perfect I try to make it the worse it turns out, this is about the 6 quilt of this pattern I have made, just having lots of problems with it and I have sworn never to make it again. I am retired and sew on quilts about 6 or more hours at least 5 days a week.