Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: anyone else having a prob typing on this site?

I have that problem! Only on the Quilting Board. Is it running very slow?
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Happens to me everyday when I get to a certain point. Usually when I move the cursor from one point to another to edit such as hit the delete button or if I backspace then try to use the delete. And that annoying red underscoring line. And yes when typing after that, it's like you have to hit the keys one letter really hard every time. I thought it was just me or my keyboard but it only happens on this board.

I am trying the double A and it is working well. Why is that? What does it do?
    Judi in Ohio

Yes, it is only on this site that I have problems. But the double a works - now to remember to use it.
    Judi in Ohio

Blog Entries
    If you're using IE, put it in compatibility mode from tools.
    MzzzQuilts aka Ellen

I was having that problem along with other problems, and PatriceJ said to download AdBlockerPlus add-in..... since I have (touch wood) I haven't had any problems.

Blog Entries
    Judi, I have had your problem for about two months. It is so annoying and it wastes so much time.

Me too....same problem. Only this site.

Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
    I have had some weird funky things happen recently when using Mozilla. Like the cursor doesn't show up. But it happens infrequently and if I get out of the topic and back in again, it acts fine. When using explorer the site was crashing on me quite a bit so i switched to Mozilla.
    I have been having Mozilla problems too. It is hurky jerky and slow. I went in and uninstalled several programs which were add-ons when I upgraded something. That helped. Also had so many popups I could hardly use my computer. Got rid of them too. What I know about computers would fit with room to spare on the head of a pin, so I hope I didn't uninstall anything important. My tech is OT for two weeks, so I decided to fix it myself!!! He may be in for a surprise. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dunster View Post
    In order to correct the problem, you can select the A/A in the left corner above the typing box before you start typing. Or you can go to settings and under General Account (left side of page) go down to Miscellaneous Options and for Message Editor Interface select Standard Editor. Previously I had Enhanced Interface selected, and it used to work fine, but something changed somewhere and now that option no longer performs correctly for me. Standard Editor works well though.
    I had the same problems with the slowness and only about half my letters typing. The fix Dunster talks about above works as a permanent fix. I had to figure it out on my own. Glad she was here to provide that info for you.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast